Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Ophelia
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 4 Days

Your Steam Name: Yeat's Form of Transportation
Your Roleplay Name: Isias Something
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:64170573

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.4

Why should this appeal be considered?: I think my ban was unjust. Me and Ophelia and a few others were involved in a situation. To sum it up, I stole a car and as I was driving away they were shooting me and eventually ended up breaking the car. I kept getting shot and eventually they ended up coming up to the car and told me to get out. Normally I would get out with my hands up, but I figured that wasn't an option as they were already shooting me and they would simply shoot me when I got out. So, I thought my best chance at living was to run. Ophelia deemed this as breaking fearrp. I also think I shouldn't of been banned for 2 days because it wasn't intentional and just that our perspectives of the situation were different. I saw my only slim chance at living was to run away as they were going to shoot me even if i got out with my hands up. I tried to explain to Ophelia that even though I was already warned for 3.4 earlier in the day, a 2 day ban isn't right. If I were to intentionally break the rule, I think a 2 day ban would be valid, but in my opinion I didn't . I also didn't do it on purpose either. Just like how a person who accidentally rdms should be given a lesser punishment than a purposeful rdmer, I think I should get some bit of mercy, Ophelia argues that I don't know the fearrp rule but I do. I have 6,911 hours on gmod and have played a few "semi-serious" rp servers and know what fearrp is, its just our perspectives of the situation and our opinions on what would of kept me alive are different. Lastly, I believe it was unfair that Ophelia was involved in the situation and took the report. In most communities staff members can't take a sit for a situation they are involved in because it can provide a biased look out on the situation.

If someone stole your car and as you are shooting at them and told them to get out, if they got out would you shoot them?

Reaction score
Also Ophelia told me to "cry" which is not really mature and isn't constructive or helping.
- Also the ban duration isn't 4 days, it was originally 4 because Ophelia thought I disconnected because I closed the report after they told me to "cry". Ophelia lowered it to 2 which I still believe is unjust.
-Even though this is a dispute I would like to say I am sorry for causing mischief in Ophelia's eyes, I didn't see my actions as wrong so I didn't intentionally try to create a problem and saying "watch the show" in the report chat probably wasn't the best either I just felt like I was being targeted.
1663987027933.png

Reaction score

If you want this dealt with, please upload video evidence of this situation.

Click HERE to view our guide to accessing your demos, then please record it with a software of your choice and upload the video onto youtube or another site so that it could be dealt with as fast as possible.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
Also Ophelia told me to "cry" which is not really mature and isn't constructive or helping.
- Also the ban duration isn't 4 days, it was originally 4 because Ophelia thought I disconnected because I closed the report after they told me to "cry". Ophelia lowered it to 2 which I still believe is unjust.
-Even though this is a dispute I would like to say I am sorry for causing mischief in Ophelia's eyes, I didn't see my actions as wrong so I didn't intentionally try to create a problem and saying "watch the show" in the report chat probably wasn't the best either I just felt like I was being targeted.
View attachment 15458
I mean, on my part, I shouldn't have said this, but please don't complain about me taking a ticket and then refusing to make a change about this punishment. But generally, you should never run away from gunpoint.

Reaction score

If you want this dealt with, please upload video evidence of this situation.

Click HERE to view our guide to accessing your demos, then please record it with a software of your choice and upload the video onto youtube or another site so that it could be dealt with as fast as possible.
Is video required? For some reason my demos only load back to march of this year? 1663988190954.png

Reaction score
Is video required? For some reason my demos only load back to march of this year? View attachment 15459

Yes, it is required if you want to dispute the punishment. We need to see video evidence of the situation in order to make proper judgement. Please go to your game directory Garry's Mod/garrysmod/data/phdemos and they should be in there. Once you find the right one, rename it to something and put it in the regular demos folder so you can access it through that in game menu

Reaction score
Yes, it is required if you want to dispute the punishment. We need to see video evidence of the situation in order to make proper judgement. Please go to your game directory Garry's Mod/garrysmod/data/phdemos and they should be in there. Once you find the right one, rename it to something and put it in the regular demos folder so you can access it through that in game menu
Recorded the demo it is being uploaded to youtube.

Reaction score
The demo is still uploading but in it his friend says "I'm gonna kill you" as they are walking up to the car furthering my point that even if I got out I was going to die.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I mean, on my part, I shouldn't have said this, but please don't complain about me taking a ticket and then refusing to make a change about this punishment. But generally, you should never run away from gunpoint.
Exactly by saying "cry" you broke 1.1 and 1.4 as a staff member should never be toxic to either side while being the mediator between two sides. I also think it is wrong for a staff member to take a ticket for a situation they were involved in and in this case this shows the bias and toxicity that can evolve from them doing that. When another staff member takes a ticket between a staff member and a non-staff member there are less emotions and less ego involved that can lead to a biased end result. That is like having the cop arrest you also be the judge who rules you guilty in court.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly by saying "cry" you broke 1.1 and 1.4 as a staff member should never be toxic to either side while being the mediator between two sides. I also think it is wrong for a staff member to take a ticket for a situation they were involved in and in this case this shows the bias and toxicity that can evolve from them doing that. When another staff member takes a ticket between a staff member and a non-staff member there are less emotions and less ego involved that can lead to a biased end result. That is like having the cop arrest you also be the judge who rules you guilty in court.
There was nothing bias about my punishment. You shouldn’t have broken the same rule twice in one day. I tried explaining to you on Discord that you should’ve read the rules when you got warned the first time. Especially when I told you to read the rules when I gave you the first warning. Like I said before, I shouldn’t have said "cry,” but if you were complaining about the punishment and had no intention of actually making a change about it, what’s the point of moaning about it in the report? How do you accidentally break the same rule twice in one day? At this point, it seems like you are passing the blame to me when you are the person who broke these rules. You’ve admitted to breaking these rules. The video shows you still broke the rules. You also failed to jump out of the car when he was gun pointing you when you tried to escape with popped tires, which resulted in your death.

I’m sorry you feel otherwise.

Reaction score
There was nothing bias about my punishment. You shouldn’t have broken the same rule twice in one day. I tried explaining to you on Discord that you should’ve read the rules when you got warned the first time. Especially when I told you to read the rules when I gave you the first warning. Like I said before, I shouldn’t have said "cry,” but if you were complaining about the punishment and had no intention of actually making a change about it, what’s the point of moaning about it in the report? How do you accidentally break the same rule twice in one day? At this point, it seems like you are passing the blame to me when you are the person who broke these rules. You’ve admitted to breaking these rules. The video shows you still broke the rules. You also failed to jump out of the car when he was gun pointing you when you tried to escape with popped tires, which resulted in your death.

I’m sorry you feel otherwise.
To make this easier I will cut up your response and respond in bits.

"There was nothing bias about my punishment."

You were involved in the situation and was on the opposing side of me, you were biased believe it or not. As I previously said, cops don't get to decide if someone is guilty or not in the court of law. A judge is the one who decides if they are guilty or not because if that power was in the cops hands it would be unfair to the criminal. Thats also why I believe you shouldn't of took the sit since you were involved.

"You shouldn’t have broken the same rule twice in one day. I tried explaining to you on Discord that you should’ve read the rules when you got warned the first time. Especially when I told you to read the rules when I gave you the first warning. Like I said before, I shouldn’t have said "cry,” but if you were complaining about the punishment and had no intention of actually making a change about it, what’s the point of moaning about it in the report?

I have already explained to you, I know the fearrp rule. I have tons of hours on gmod(almost 7k) and from my perspective I was valuing my life by running away. Also, I was complaining about the punishment but was also being constructive which you fail to realize.

How do you accidentally break the same rule twice in one day?

I don't think I broke the rule the second time and even if I did humans are not perfect and if I did it wasn't intentional. For non purposeful rule breaks, people should be given mercy.

At this point, it seems like you are passing the blame to me when you are the person who broke these rules. You’ve admitted to breaking these rules. The video shows you still broke the rules. You also failed to jump out of the car when he was gun pointing you when you tried to escape with popped tires, which resulted in your death.

I drove away with popped tires because I was still going a decent speed and still had some distance from him. Do not put words in my mouth as I have never "passed the blame to you", I have also never admitted to breaking the rules. If your friend didn't say "I'm going to kill you!" and instead said "Get out with your hands up!." I would of done so. But by saying "I'm going to kill you!" that makes me think he's going to shoot me no matter what I do when I get out as that is he goal.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
You were involved in the situation and was on the opposing side of me, you were biased believe it or not. As I previously said, cops don't get to decide if someone is guilty or not in the court of law. A judge is the one who decides if they are guilty or not because if that power was in the cops hands it would be unfair to the criminal. Thats also why I believe you shouldn't of took the sit since you were involved.

- Just because I was on the scene doesn't mean I'd be biased. I'm completely unbiased. I look at the situation from both perspectives at all times. If you believe something should change about this, please contact higher staff about this.

I have already explained to you, I know the fearrp rule. I have tons of hours on gmod(almost 7k) and from my perspective I was valuing my life by running away. Also, I was complaining about the punishment but was also being constructive which you fail to realize.
Just because you've played in other communities doesn't mean you know the rules for this one.
I don't think I broke the rule the second time and even if I did humans are not perfect and if I did it wasn't intentional. For non purposeful rule breaks, people should be given mercy.
This was 3.4, putting your life at risk. If you were to break the rules non-purposefully, why wouldn't you read the rules after you got warned the first time?
I drove away with popped tires because I was still going a decent speed and still had some distance from him. Do not put words in my mouth as I have never "passed the blame to you", I have also never admitted to breaking the rules. If your friend didn't say "I'm going to kill you!" and instead said "Get out with your hands up!." I would of done so. But by saying "I'm going to kill you!" that makes me think he's going to shoot me no matter what I do when I get out as that is he goal.
At this timeframe they did tell you to step out the vehicle. There was no possible way you would've gotten out of that situation with Popped tires. Then when they disabled your vehicle and you stepped out, you decided to run away from gunpoint.

I am now locking this thread till a staff member comes up with a decision.

Reaction score

ish.
Although we agree that given the circumstances, it was reasonable for you to assume that you were going to die and that you did not break 3.4 by trying to get away having been shot at, stealing an already broken car with popped tires, then driving it around Bazaar for almost 4 minutes posed a significant risk to your life as the owners of the vehicle were likely still at Bazaar.

You should have realise the car was totalled, cut your losses and left the car. That way, they likely never would have found out, and you would not have died. You chose to drive around in a car that you could not possibly have escaped in with your life.

As a result of this, your ban reason will be amended.
@A1L @Ellie @Efan @Collier

Status
Not open for further replies.