Bandages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Changing how bandages work

Short explanation (in notes):
- Bandages only stop the bleeding for small wounds.
- If you have been shot multiple times or in a vital area the bandage will drastically slow the bleed out time but not out right stop it.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
I think it's unrealistic that you can get shot in the chest and apply a simple bandage and forget about the whole ordeal, I think that by using bandages it would only slow the bleeding but you will need to see a doctor or medic eventually. Reasons i think it would add realism are:

1. During police raids criminals won't just keep bandaging and if they are hit in a spot where the bandage won't be enough they would ultimately need to give themselves up to save their life. This applies to every sort of shootout scenario. People get hit, bandage and carry on but irl this wouldn't be the case it would cause panic and it would be difficult to continue.

2. It would be harder for wanted criminals to avoid detection. If a wanted criminal is shot during some form of shootout he would need to seek medical attention and the NPC at the hospital would alert the police of the fugitives appearance(could maybe threaten the NPC to not say anything for a few mins).

3. This would work against police also if they are hit and begin bleeding they can't just bandage and carry on with the siege they would either need a medic or they would need to be rushed to hospital.

4. Medics and hospital NPC would be needed a lot more .

Optional additions
- Maybe people with high intelligence and dexterity would be able to remove the bullet and be able to patch people up.
- Purchase surgical tools from safety first for a high price.
- After bullet is removed apply a bandage and a stimpack.
- This would add another illegal job/way to make money.
- Make it really hard to be able to remove bullets so finding an illegal doctor is hard, rare and expensive.
- Applying a bandage would drastically reduce bleeding and give you an extra 5-10mins before you bleed to death, this would give you time to either go to the hospital NPC, get a medic or find an illegal doctor.
- Let me know what else could be added this was an idea i had for the past couple days and i think it would be nice to see how it would play out IG.

Reaction score
Reasons i think it would add realism are:
add realism
Denied. (jokes)

Right now I think it's on the fine line between fair and fun. I believe this addition would very much disrupt the flow of gameplay in shootouts and such, leading me to not liking the idea. Right now I believe the short time it takes to bandage and then the time it takes for the bleeding to stop are good enough.

Also
- This would add another illegal job/way to make money.

Think you meant legal there?

Reaction score
Even though it is realistic, I still wouldn't actually like to see this. Imagine there are no medics on duty, police officers actually only have 5 bandages, nothing else to get "healed" with. (While a bandage just stops the bleeding.) Making another disadvantage for the police force (if they don't receive the same tools).
BTW, raids do take some time IRL, especially when there is a shootout. One side usually runs out of resources earlier than the other side.
ATM, about your statement "how people get shot 2-3 times, bandage and just heal up like nothing happened"
If you don't have put any points on Regeneration, as far as I know it will just stop your bleeding and you will still have the same "Health Level". If you have put any genes on regeneration, it does take time to regenerate to Healthy.
It also does matter if you actually got hit with a small Beretta 92FS or an AK 47, means that if you are a criminal, you should actually take care about better weaponry.

But I do believe that you are on the police side (just as I do) and are annoyed that all criminals can bandages themselves and are healed like nothing happened. I quite agree with you that there should be a better solution for this. But this actually balances it a bit and the police just have to fight till they (the criminals) run out of resources.

Reaction score
I think it's unrealistic that you can get shot in the chest and apply a simple bandage and forget about the whole ordeal, I think that by using bandages it would only slow the bleeding but you will need to see a doctor or medic eventually. Reasons i think it would add realism are:

Obviously this gamemode is set for realism, however realism is still limited to an extent where it's still fun

"Realisticly" you would be able to peek around the corner without exposing your body or even your eye and just go blind fire around the corner.
There are tons of things limited due current technology/game mech's.
The bandage stops bleeding even if IRL you would obviouly die and roll around on the floor 2 minutes before dying after being shot 5 times, but imo the OPness of some things exist because it's just not fun when it's realistic. see it as a quick wordaround.

quite philosophic innit?

Lets break it down like i usually do.

- Bandages only stop the bleeding for small wounds.
what would a small wound define? all i know getting shot, even in your leg doesn't count as a small wound. I'd define a small wound as cutting yourself with a kitchen knife.

I think it's unrealistic that you can get shot in the chest and apply a simple bandage and forget about the whole ordeal,
So getting shot 1-2 times should kill your instantly? 1/10 - IGN 2realism4me die to fast bad cod mechanic cyka

1. During police raids criminals won't just keep bandaging and if they are hit in a spot where the bandage won't be enough they would ultimately need to give themselves up to save their life. This applies to every sort of shootout scenario. People get hit, bandage and carry on but irl this wouldn't be the case it would cause panic and it would be difficult to continue.

2. It would be harder for wanted criminals to avoid detection. If a wanted criminal is shot during some form of shootout he would need to seek medical attention and the NPC at the hospital would alert the police of the fugitives appearance(could maybe threaten the NPC to not say anything for a few mins).

3. This would work against police also if they are hit and begin bleeding they can't just bandage and carry on with the siege they would either need a medic or they would need to be rushed to hospital.

4. Medics and hospital NPC would be needed a lot more .

[/QUOTE]
This would idea would make the police OP. criminals would get shot, can't easily patch themselfs up and loose a raid.
Now im definatly not on the criminal bandwagon claiming "police op !! cyka!!", i mean, how many raids have i done as a criminal, fucking 5 or something. I have atleast 1.5 weeks playtime of cop, but it would just take the fun away, both for criminals and cops.

- Maybe people with high intelligence and dexterity would be able to remove the bullet and be able to patch people up.
Any :moron: can use two fingers and remove a bullet from their flash (claims to aim for realism, requires shit ton of genes=/= money to remove a bullet) :moron:

Purchase surgical tools from safety first
So any random dude can buy surgical tools at a first aid store? What? Realism???

I don't support this. I dont see any point in this.

Reaction score
what would a small wound define? all i know getting shot, even in your leg doesn't count as a small wound. I'd define a small wound as cutting yourself with a kitchen knife.
9mm entrance and exit wound is alot less devastating compared to a 7.62 I would say getting shot in the arm by a beretta isnt as life threatening as getting shot in the chest with some sort of rifle caliber.

So getting shot 1-2 times should kill your instantly? 1/10 - IGN 2realism4me die to fast bad cod mechanic cyka
Getting shot in the chest 3 times kills you ingame

• Any :moron: can use two fingers and remove a bullet from their flash (claims to aim for realism, requires shit ton of genes=/= money to remove a bullet) :moron:"
  • Some bullets are too deep to be removed by fingers, also shoving your fingers into a bullet would would more than likely do more damage than good. You need to know what you are doing when removing bullets so you dont make things worse. some bullets could be close to arteries and you could severe them when removing the bullet.

Reaction score
Meanwhile we have wolverines out there wandering about soaking up damage like they're made out of invincible.

This is going nowhere, the way it works now actually works and there is no reason to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.