Bank Robbery KOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
This is how it works:

IF they are a confirmed bank robber in a active situation, were arrest is not possible due to a threat to life obviously in a bank robbery this is almost always true, you can shoot them with this being said, you better make sure they are a bank robber, and arrest them vervus shooting them puts your life at more risk.
Reaction score
If they are known for a fact to be involved and shots were fired and situation is not over Iirc @Hayden himself told me directly it’s cool to kill them. The only exception is if they surrender with their hands up.

Reaction score
For police, there is no real situation where someone is "KOS" as seen in the use of force pyrimid on the officers handbook, you should always only shoot them if they are a current threat to life(Shooting other officer, civillians or ADSing towards them) If They are not aiming a firearm at a officer of civillian, then i would always attempt to apprehend them if at all possible, if they run under gunpoint then shoot them(3.4 violations are normally not sustained if they are made into IA complaints)

Reaction score
For police, there is no real situation where someone is "KOS" as seen in the use of force pyrimid on the officers handbook, you should always only shoot them if they are a current threat to life(Shooting other officer, civillians or ADSing towards them) If They are not aiming a firearm at a officer of civillian, then i would always attempt to apprehend them if at all possible, if they run under gunpoint then shoot them(3.4 violations are normally not sustained if they are made into IA complaints)
Everyone knows bank robbery is a team death match. I have never seen someone surrender once. The warranted suspects as shown on warranted list in my opinion are KOS from the point the first shot is fired by their crew.

This includes if a robber is in his car with a gun on his back or known to have shot at cops and is on the warranted list involved in the bank robbery as they’re clearly riding around to kill cops nothing else.

Reaction score
This is how it works:

IF they are a confirmed bank robber in a active situation, were arrest is not possible due to a threat to life obviously in a bank robbery this is almost always true, you can shoot them with this being said, you better make sure they are a bank robber, and arrest them vervus shooting them puts your life at more risk.

Solution
Reaction score

Solution provided in thread

From the Officer's Handbook:
Use of Deadly force: Deadly force means force that is used against another individual, that is likely to cause serious bodily harm or death to the individual in question. The Use of Deadly force may be used if one or more of the following circumstances exists.

[...]

Apprehension: When deadly force reasonably and justifiably appears to be necessary to apprehend a subject in their escape: that, without any doubt committed a serious felony - Such as (9)2 - Assault with a Deadly Weapon (with the intent to murder) or (9)5 - Murder or the use of (7)8 - Explosives or Incendiaries, where the officers in question reasonably believes, without any doubt that the suspects will do the actions again.

Status
Not open for further replies.