Bank Robberies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When someone robs the bank, their arrest warrant begins to 'count-down' the moment they start the robbery, meaning that the longer the robbery and the more money they steal, the less time they spend 'running' when leaving the bank, which is the opposite of how it should be.

The 'count-down' should not start until the thief(s) has left the bank.

Reaction score
Well you are warranted from the moment you start the bank robbery basically, so police must catch you within 10 minutes. However, I would like to change it to where you have to be X distance away from bank before it pays out, so people don't just hold a hostage for the 10 minutes without negotiating with police, so they easily get the money.

P.S. This isn't a bug report, this is a idea/suggestion.

Reaction score
StephenPuffs;n3675 said:
P.S. This isn't a bug report, this is a idea/suggestion.

It seems like it was over-looked as, as you said, it can be easily abused.

Deleted member 27

I think the count should begin when the bank alarm starts ringing.
Then the police any tied it, by the time he was on the bench to collect money, but when the robber was not in the bank almost no time, I think the police should apply the penalty time he wanted in prison.

Reaction score
I aggree, the robbery system is being abused a bit at the moment.

People rob the bank with hostage, threaten to kill the hostage if the police does something, do not negotiate and just wait the warrant timer out to get the money.
If it´s only one robberer, the SWAT sniper can take him down. But if there are multiple, goodluck with taking them down without the hostage dying.

Also people take their friends or there own organisation members as a hostage which is so wrong ... :(

Reaction score
MazZ anyone volunteering to be a hostage or anyone that is in the same organization as the main robber but a hostage you can report for abuse.

Also I believe we will be changing the rule to be, if the robber(s) refuses to negotiate by any means, police are allowed to take any appropriate actions. Additionally, police arriving on the scene must first try to talk the robber(s) into giving up, if this is declined, police are allowed to enter the building and do what must be done.

In hostage situations, it gets a little more tricky, but basically the robber(s) need to be willing to let hostages go free, for a ransom which they can define the price (same rules as normal mugging/hostage situations) but if they are unwilling to do so, police would be allowed to raid the bank, preferably minimizing casualties, if it clearly was just a spray by a police or SWAT that hit everyone in sight, it will be counted against that player. Also I am tempted to throw in that police may only take these actions if there is a medic present at the situation, but that's not always the case so it's tough to say. Because I think until we change it where the robber(s) will not get the money even if time is up until they're X distance away from bank, no medics will be required, since otherwise you end up with the stalemate as it is now.

Reaction score
The bank robbery needs some tweaking :/
Now the bankrobbers ask to get free passage and than the hostages will be released, but the bankrobbers wait until the wanted timer runs out and they get money before actually leaving the bank offcourse, and what can the cops do about it? Jack shit, because it's failRP to raid robbers while they have hostages. I mean I saw 3 bankrobberers with 2 hostages being able to resist a 10 man cop squad and 2 SWATS by doing nothing at all. After the timer ran out they happely get themselfs arrested.

Bow

Reaction score
MazZ;n4371 said:
The bank robbery needs some tweaking :/
Now the bankrobbers ask to get free passage and than the hostages will be released, but the bankrobbers wait until the wanted timer runs out and they get money before actually leaving the bank offcourse, and what can the cops do about it? Jack shit, because it's failRP to raid robbers while they have hostages. I mean I saw 3 bankrobberers with 2 hostages being able to resist a 10 man cop squad and 2 SWATS by doing nothing at all. After the timer ran out they happely get themselfs arrested.

I think I passed with that same situation I mean I was held hostage for 10min every time the cops and the robbers try to negotiate they fail , after 10 mins the robbers surrendered and every one was happy ( cops got the robbers , robbers got the money but the poor little hostages got to spend 10 min without moving in the bank)

The thing is I would like an update to fix the bank system .
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.