Server Suggestion Black Market and Courier sidegig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Black Market and Courier sidegig
Suggestion Description: I love the idea @Tyla Jai was going with Vault Market and the Waypo was going too. Clearly there is potential with that business but not enough players active to keep it up. It would be great to have a criminal side gig part of Couriers to work for this as Courier job is in of itself a citizen, not a government employee career choice.

Courier Part

Couriers who do this job have to rank up at least once and or have good reputation with the drug dealer / the org perk to know his location where he trusts the courier enough to let him work with him.

Black Market Part

What to buy?
The black market is a NPC ran business that deals Molotovs, Grenades, cocaine leaves, zipties, Planters, advanced planters (fully constructed), Chemical tables (fully constructed), crowbars and bobby pins.

How to unlock?
Unlocking the black market can be a org perk or an unlockable after you sell enough to the Drug Dealer (similar to how he texts you his location for a while if you sell enough to gain reputation with him).

Once unlocked, a hidden tab opens up in your delivery app.

What about Player-Owned markets (WAYPO / VAULT MARKET)?
This idea was completely inspired by them as aforementioned.

The set prices should be considerably higher in comparison to player owned businesses but their availability is what makes it worth incase:

Ex 1) Player wants to buy huge bulk

Ex 2) A player has a lot of money and wants to save time

Ex 3) Businesses who have access can use this to fill up their stock instead of hand-crafting everything, then raise the prices giving more of a money sink in the economy as they sell to those who don't know much about this but have money (likr yhe new players driving around with Lamborghinis and Enzos)

Why should this be added?:
- Passive crime
- Benefits couriers in a way that doesn't make the job OP
- Doesn't harm and can benefit already existing online black markets
- More depth to the underground crime scene
- Convenient for players
- Money sink for rich players
- Vanity aspects give organizations a bragging method, adding a variant to the power dynamic.
- Adds a illegal side gig aspect to legal jobs, giving criminals an incentive to occupy that role more. Simultaneously adding more crime variety and introducing a criminal opportunity for current Courier players (including new players unaware of their future potential if they rank up while playing the job)

What negatives could this have?:
- I can't think of any?

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Crime variety

Less shootouts, more roleplay

Reaction score
kinda removes the player economy aspect a bit mate

stupid idea
the economy is player ran, Read the last bit of the suggestion.

it's like saying the bandage store ruins the player economy for bandages. It's just a more expensive option that's there as a vanity.

Reaction score
i mean the part at the end implies businesses can up prices to sell to people that have lots of money but nothing to do with it and who are unaware about reasonable prices
you realize that's literally how sales works. You buy something for cheap, then sell it for more... :penguin:

Player ran businesses will always be objectively better because they are dynamic. Vault or Waypo can work around this by:

1) benefitting through sales towards players who are unaware of the BM or dont have access by using it for stock then pitching prices higher than that of the BM.
2) Selling to players who DO have access to the BM at prices lower than the BM but high enough that they make profit while saving time for roleplay instead of time clicking F1 mixtures.

Reaction score
you realize that's literally how sales works. You buy something for cheap, then sell it for more... :penguin:
i know i may be stupid but no need to patronise me, this isnt the stock market , by that logic ak-47's would be worth 1 mil cause someone keeps selling it for more and more

Reaction score
i know i may be stupid but no need to patronise me, this isnt the stock market , by that logic ak-47's would be worth 1 mil cause someone keeps selling it for more and more
no... because you can craft it still for the raw material prices..

I am not trying to patronize you brother, I am answering your questions with similar energy to your first reply because it was rude.

Reaction score
i mean it may have been rude but i dont feel this goes in the style of perp
bit of a MONOLITH feature

Reaction score
i mean it may have been rude but i dont feel this goes in the style of perp
bit of a MONOLITH feature
That's not even a valid point.

we have the dark web, monolith has silk road. In fact, Silk road came before Dark web yet everyone loved the dark web.

Comparing apples to oranges isn't a good enough reason to disregard the several pros listed. Furthermore, this only plays off of roleplay that is already been done and loved (VAULT and WAYPO).

Status
Not open for further replies.