Reaction score
Punishment Type: Blacklist
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @joey
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Not Applicable

Your Steam Name: Mr Goose
Your Roleplay Name: n/a
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:73463429

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: My name was changed because Joey found my name, 'Sam Sweatervest' unrealistic.
Why should this appeal be considered?: The name Sam Sweatervest does in no way or form violate the server rule 3.1. The name Same is used by multiple players and the sir name ‘Sweater vest’ is not less common than names like Alliat Trapani, Joe Baggers or Edward O'Man. Names that have been (rightfully) tolerated accepted the past years. I have this name for a few weeks now. In this time, I have encountered a lot of staff members (admins included) who never made a problem of name. And I honestly do not see why someone would make a problem out of it right now. My name is in no way offensive nor does it impact anyone’s gameplay in a negative way. Nor do I know of any famous person with the name Sam Sweatervest. I would like to have my name restored. I find it excessive to sensor names like this, if this is not allowed any more where do we draw the line?

Additional Information: In my eyes this name does lot violate 3.1 nor does it affect any other players in a negative way. That’s why I am asking kindly to have my name returned to me.

Mim

Reaction score

First of all this isn't something you can dispute as you haven't really be punished in any way shape or form, if you think joey dealt with it wrong you can make a staff complaint. Second of all even if you were to be able to dispute this it wouldn't be accepted as Sam Sweatervest isn't a realistic name.

Reviewed with @Collier

Status
Not open for further replies.