Server Suggestion Bring back Gun Marksmanship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Bring back Gun Marksmanship
Suggestion Description: Bring back the Gun MM level to affect recoil or anything.

Why should this be added?:
I agree that the old way was too punishing for new players. But since its still tracked it could add a small benefit for everyone. Maybe like a 10% recoil decrease at max. This isnt gamebreaking but a slight advantage for a reasonable sum of money spent.

- Creates a new moneysink for the already too big economy
- Acts as some kind of refund for old maxers
- Creates a new thing to grind for
- Could stop confusing new players about the MM lvl popups

What negatives could this have?:
- Slight disadvantage for the people not bothered maxing it?
- Coding

Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna have to go with a big no thank you for this. It puts already disadvantaged players at an even bigger disadvantage, simply because they haven't had the time to grind enough money to level it up.

Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna have to go with a big no thank you for this. It puts already disadvantaged players at an even bigger disadvantage, simply because they haven't had the time to grind enough money to level it up.
Then make it a not so big disadvantage? Like 5%, so there is still a benefit but hardly noticeable. I understand we have to help new players but just giving the big finger to the older players isn't the nicest thing to do imo. And a big money sink would be good for the server.

Reaction score
Then make it a not so big disadvantage? Like 5%, so there is still a benefit but hardly noticeable. I understand we have to help new players but just giving the big finger to the older players isn't the nicest thing to do imo. And a big money sink would be good for the server.
If the difference is 5% then why even add it? Theres no point in adding something like this if it doesnt add anything anyway. Besides, marksmanship wasn't that great. Newer players had no way of controlling weapons and so called Veterans could spray a gun while having 1 finger on their mouse. It was not fair nor fun.

Reaction score

They didn't get a big finger, they got compensated pretty well.

Reaction score
Then make it a not so big disadvantage? Like 5%, so there is still a benefit but hardly noticeable.
Then what’s the point in having it to begin with?

I understand we have to help new players but just giving the big finger to the older players isn't the nicest thing to do imo.
Creating an artificial skill gap between old and new players was the worst decision in PERP history. It did nothing but feed egos and force new players to be significantly worse than anyone else. As soon as marksmanship got removed the skill gap closed and suddenly some users with big egos were being shat on by people they thought they were better than. It was a good thing, a great thing for perp even.

You didn’t sink money into nothing, you sank money into getting the biggest advantage over other players and got to use that advantage for a relatively long time.

And a big money sink would be good for the server.
Plenty of things to sink money into, plenty of other expensive grinds.

This would be a regression of all the progress perp has made in becoming an approachable game mode. 2017 PERP is a massive difference to today, newer players receive basic necessities and even a small advantage for their first 3 days. When I first joined perp it took me 3 weeks to get my first car because of vicious and frequent bomb raid cycles, introduction of full blown PD whitelisting, and how shit drug profits were.

Reaction score
They didn't get a big finger, they got compensated pretty well.
I stopped playing right after I maxed, when I came back it was gone. Asked if refund or something was possible but it wasnt at that time. Never got rewarded with a trophy or anything tho

Reaction score
Then what’s the point in having it to begin with?

Creating an artificial skill gap between old and new players was the worst decision in PERP history. It did nothing but feed egos and force new players to be significantly worse than anyone else. As soon as marksmanship got removed the skill gap closed and suddenly some users with big egos were being shat on by people they thought they were better than. It was a good thing, a great thing for perp even.

You didn’t sink money into nothing, you sank money into getting the biggest advantage over other players and got to use that advantage for a relatively long time.

Plenty of things to sink money into, plenty of other expensive grinds.

This would be a regression of all the progress perp has made in becoming an approachable game mode. 2017 PERP is a massive difference to today, newer players receive basic necessities and even a small advantage for their first 3 days. When I first joined perp it took me 3 weeks to get my first car because of vicious and frequent bomb raid cycles, introduction of full blown PD whitelisting, and how shit drug profits were.
Point of having it, making a mechanic that already in the game actually useful. 5% won't make sweaters suddenly lose all fights they would otherwise win. Its just a nice gesture to the maxers. The skill gap you refer to was insane yes, totally agree. I remember shooting a rifle at lvl 1 and the recoil being worse than a mac11.
I dont want the old MM way to come back. That would mess alot of people up instantly. Just some version of it returning with like a said, maximum of 5 or 10%.

I understand what you're saying. It was the best decision for PERP, but bringing it back in any way wont break the game like you might think it would.

Reaction score
The playing field should remain even for everyone, punishing new players with more recoil for not having a high marksmanship is what makes the game more difficult for them and is just a silly mechanic in general

Reaction score
Its just a nice gesture to the maxers.
5% is not enough to be noticed whatsoever making it completely redundant like everyone else has been telling you. Make a PM to Ayjay and maybe he’ll give you the trophy if they still have access to that information in the database, or maybe it burnt away.

Reaction score
removing marksmanship buffs was the best single change PERP has had in a long while. Back then you didn't even need to cheat to be good, just needed to sink enough cash into the marksmanship levelling.

Reaction score

It was removed to not disadvantage new players and make the fact you lose or win a gunfight based on skill rather than whether you had grinded for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.