Server Suggestion Buff XP Gain For Firefighters and Paramedics

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Buff XP Gain For Firefighters and Paramedics
Suggestion Description: Increase the XP rates for Firefighters and Paramedics.

The rate of XP gain is incredibly low, even if you put 5 genes into influence it still takes a very long time to progress through the ranks. As a result the Firefighter / Medic rank progression is an unnecessarily slow and tedious process. A moderate boost to XP gain wouldn't be overpowered and would allow players a more enjoyable rate of progression when playing these jobs.

Why should this be added?:
Less brain numbing rank progression

More players playing as medics / firefighters

What negatives could this have?:
Potentially devalues the ranks of players who have already gone through the tedious grind (Not really a reason to force others to suffer)

Reaction score
I disagree with the paramedic change, however firefighters need a serious increase in xp. Paramedic is stupid easy to level with max influence gene. However on firefighter you barely get any and is not worth playing imo.

Reaction score
Agree with Simon.

I was playing fire fighter and i was surprised how low XP im getting,thats why i changed my idea from being firefighter.

Reaction score
Medic is an immensely busy job, the xp gain is justified for medic.

Fireman, on the other hand, is a pain to grind and you’re actually rewarded less for quick response times.

Reaction score

Fireman, on the other hand, is a pain to grind and you’re actually rewarded less for quick response times.
100% this- the amount of times me and other more senior ffs just chill and finish whatever we are doing first is like 9/10 lol.

Reaction score

Could we make an XP boost for fires that get put out quickly? I.E a new fire gives 2x XP?

Reaction score
I think the overall xp on firefighter needs a buff, it's so damn slow unless you get a fire. Cpr gives you barely anything. Overall its just a super grind to level firefighter compared to any other job. You don't see medics complaing, so there's obviously a grind behind fd that needs adjusting.

Reaction score
It already does this!

As someone who is currently grinding FF: It really doesn't feel this way when I spend 10 minutes putting out a major forest fire and get awarded 2% progression, only to go back to the fire station and wait for 10/15 minutes for the next callout.

Honestly, if firefighters just had more to do, this wouldn't be an issue. What really kicks the grind is the fact that you sit at the station/patrol for 15 minutes in between fires, because the events that start fires are spread out so far, and naturally occuring fires during RP is so rare. No one uses molotovs, cars barely ever catch on fire and even if they do, it's 1 set of fire that Officers often just extinguish with a fire extinguisher.

Imo, Firefighters just needs more to do that gives xp. then it would be solved and the grind wouldn't be so painful.

Reaction score
It already does this!

Also a side note for this: The "fast response" time is really hard to achieve when there is a fire in the Forest. Even though I wait in a firetruck and drive off the same second I get the smoke alarm, I always arrive too late for the fast response and get a measley $75 per fire.

Reaction score
Also a side note for this: The "fast response" time is really hard to achieve when there is a fire in the Forest. Even though I wait in a firetruck and drive off the same second I get the smoke alarm, I always arrive too late for the fast response and get a measley $75 per fire.
To add, usually the auto callout is when the bonus is already mostly depleted in most cases

Reaction score

The fast response time requires someone patrolling for fires, rather than waiting for the fire alert, which comes in very late.

Reaction score
The fast response time requires someone patrolling for fires, rather than waiting for the fire alert, which comes in very late.
When it's in the forest, you'll have to go back for a Fire engine anyway when you're solo, since the patrolling vehicles can't fuel the hose. In this case, the only way to get the bonus is to be 2 firefighters on duty that has good coordination.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The fires are too few and far between to reliably track down and extinguish quickly.

Reaction score

Currently its against the rules for plfd to patrol in a engine? Ram/land rover can, but cant use hoses with them, and hydrants suck majorly.