Server Suggestion XP adjustment for Firefighters (And possibly Medics?)

Reaction score
Edit 26/06: Fire spawning logic seems to be fixed now?. There are random fires again and one won't spawn if there is currently one in progress but it still doesn't help when you're more than one Firefighter on duty which is why this thread was made in the first place.

Suggestion Title:
XP adjustment for Firefighters (And possibly Medics?)
Suggestion Description: As it stands, gaining XP when you're a Firefighter is more tiresome than Medic. Fires are more rare than someone dying and when there is more than one Firefighter on duty its a race to who can put out the most fires compared to your mates. The lack of higher ups seems to be somewhat evident when compared to medics as XP is harder to come by (or people just like Medic more who knows) https://paralake.city/emergency_medical_services https://paralake.city/fire_department
I gained more XP as a Junior Paramedic by reviving two people and removing some bodies in a matter of minutes compared to extinguishing a medium size fire as Junior Firefighter.

Medics share money+XP when another Medic successfuly revives someone near you (or disposes a body). Firefighters get none of these benefits, let alone even share the XP for putting out the fires other than you. Medics can respond to individual life alerts throughout the city which solves the problem of sharing XP, Firefighters respond to the same fire within the city as it's rare that there are ever two fires at the same time. It's all up to the random fire spawner to get you XP as there are rarely any man made fires (molotovs, car bombs), none of which the Medics have to worry about as raids are a standard of Paralake.

Edit 2: Not every fire extinguished rewards you with money and XP so it entirely up to RNG that decides if you get money or not.

Firefighters also barely get any experience when performing CPR, treating wounds also seems to be a really small amount and is a grindy experience and feels unrewarding for a life saving feature.

Some days you also feel like you make no progress what so ever so it would be nice if we also got some sort of passive XP gain, not huge but albeit noticable for both jobs.

The fact that there is also a current bug where sometimes no fires spawn at all just make this an even bigger mess. I've already notified Dank about this and is hopefully being looked upon on how the random fire logic actually works (More player owned properties most likely means less fires inside but also reduces number of fires outside as it stands)*

see first edit at top

All testing conducted with Influence 5.

Why should this be added?:
-Makes Firefighter (and Medic) a more enjoyable experience if we got somewhat of a XP adjustment when the jobs are full.
-Less of a competition/race and rewards good teamwork when XP sharing is implemented.

What negatives could this have?:
-XP gain gets too huge.
-We're all impatient fucks and just want a higher rank.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It also does not help that when you get close to a fire they become unrendered making it extremely hard to put them out as you no longer know where they are. I guess the idea behind it is to save on FPS but it makes the job near impossible to do and I doubt it saves much FPS because there is still a fuck load of smoke coming from the rest of the rendered fires.

Reaction score
The fire spread issue does make it hard as well as the lack of experience for CPR and other things.

I propose: A full run of CPR does the same EXP as reviving someone, Medkit XP is shared, breaking down doors at a fire gives a small amount of XP.

Reaction score
It also does not help that when you get close to a fire they become unrendered making it extremely hard to put them out as you no longer know where they are. I guess the idea behind it is to save on FPS but it makes the job near impossible to do and I doubt it saves much FPS because there is still a fuck load of smoke coming from the rest of the rendered fires.
I thankfully havent encountered this issue yet and seems seems non-existant on a low populated server, even with a big fire in the forest.

Reaction score
So the balancing was fully calculated on the actual ammount of incidents happening in the city before fire broke, so this was not an intentional nerf to firefighters. I will have to have a look at the spawnrate and the other fire related issues to bring the xp rate back to what initially was intended. I don’t think a buff is what is required instead we need to fix the fire rates and issues

Reaction score
So the balancing was fully calculated on the actual ammount of incidents happening in the city before fire broke, so this was not an intentional nerf to firefighters. I will have to have a look at the spawnrate and the other fire related issues to bring the xp rate back to what initially was intended. I don’t think a buff is what is required instead we need to fix the fire rates and issues
I just got Senior Firefighter after 15-20 hours which is a considerable amount of time and I'll be honest, it wasn't exactly fun. @Exnem got way more XP as a Paramedic just for removing bodies compared to me putting out a big fire.

Reaction score
I just got Senior Firefighter after 15-20 hours which is a considerable amount of time and I'll be honest, it wasn't exactly fun. @Exnem got way more XP as a Paramedic just for removing bodies compared to me putting out a big fire.
To put things into perspective.

A single paramedic earns about 4x the amount of XP (if not more) from a single LARGE scale incident than one firefighter does from responding to a LARGE fire in the forest.

From responding to a large scale shootout as a medic, I gained about 6-8% xp from that single incident, alone. I removed a total of 10 bodies.
Creepis earned about 4-5% xp from responding to six different fire incidents.

There may be some difference due to the fact that I am a Junior Paramedic going to Paramedic, and Creepis was a Firefighter going to Senior Firefighter. The amount of XP required to level up is either insane, or you don't earn enough.

It doesn't help that XP and $ gains from being a firefighter is inconsistent, and based on chance. Each fire should give you a reward instead of being needlessly randomized. This has screwed me over many times where a small & medium fire hasn't given me ANY rewards because RNG decided to bias to giving no rewards.

Paramedics are 100% guaranteed to be rewarded for doing their job.
Firefighters seem to have a <50% chance to be rewarded for doing their job.

Reaction score
To put things into perspective.

A single paramedic earns about 4x the amount of XP (if not more) from a single LARGE scale incident than one firefighter does from responding to a LARGE fire in the forest.

From responding to a large scale shootout as a medic, I gained about 6-8% xp from that single incident, alone. I removed a total of 10 bodies.
Creepis earned about 4-5% xp from responding to six different fire incidents.

There may be some difference due to the fact that I am a Junior Paramedic going to Paramedic, and Creepis was a Firefighter going to Senior Firefighter. The amount of XP required to level up is either insane, or you don't earn enough.

It doesn't help that XP and $ gains from being a firefighter is inconsistent, and based on chance. Each fire should give you a reward instead of being needlessly randomized. This has screwed me over many times where a small & medium fire hasn't given me ANY rewards because RNG decided to bias to giving no rewards.

Paramedics are 100% guaranteed to be rewarded for doing their job.
Firefighters seem to have a <50% chance to be rewarded for doing their job.
Its worse as It took me 2 weeks to go from FF to SF doing about 7-10 hours a day.

Reaction score
Just to confirm it, Medics actually do get shared XP for removing bodies as well as the full amounts of money. It's just for Firefighters that don't get any of those benefits for some reason which is why it feels so slow when you're more than one on duty...

B9py0Xg.png

5xuwh45.png