calling people "hackers"

Reaction score
To me, you only have the right to call yourself a hacker if you use a program that you have coded and made yourself that bypasses security measures and effects, other people. A cheater is someone who uses someone's else's program that they made whether it has been bought or acquired for free and then use it to their own advantage to affect players. Regardless of which manner. A cheater is also someone who exploits errors/mistakes in a game (bugs) and uses them to their advantage. There are gray areas in cheating such as Macros but views of whether this is classed as a sort of cheating are rather mixed. Personally, I think it is giving yourself an advantage over another player by the use of a 3rd party program, therefore, I feel it is cheating but this is merely my opinion.

Reaction score
To me, you only have the right to call yourself a hacker if you use a program that you have coded and made yourself that bypasses security measures and effects, other people. A cheater is someone who uses someone's else's program that they made whether it has been bought or acquired for free and then use it to their own advantage to affect players. Regardless of which manner. A cheater is also someone who exploits errors/mistakes in a game (bugs) and uses them to their advantage. There are gray areas in cheating such as Macros but views of whether this is classed as a sort of cheating are rather mixed. Personally, I think it is giving yourself an advantage over another player by the use of a 3rd party program, therefore, I feel it is cheating but this is merely my opinion.

I do not think macros are to be considered cheating, it was allowed by Dota 2 until recently, I myself used it to play Invoker just because I couldn't be bothered to memorize 10+ combinations of Q W E orbs.
In my opinion macros provide you a helping hand, but it is nothing a normal player who invested some time into muscle memory isn't able to do either.
However a person that cheats and a person that plays without cheats can never be on the same level.

Reaction score
it was allowed by Dota 2 until recently, I myself used it to play Invoker just because I couldn't be bothered to memorize 10+ combinations of Q W E orbs.

I am a godlike invoker and it helps when you're invoking a girl if you get what I mean