Cannot join

Reaction score
im stuck in the constant "failed after 6 retries" cycle, server still shows up in the browser list i just cannot join. I've flushed my DNS, reinstalled gmod, verified the cache, removed all of my workshop items, restarted pc, restarted router, still no luck. Any ideas?

Try reading this, seems he had the same issue as you.

If it didnt work anything from that post try doing this.
1. Go to steam library.
2. Go to gmod properties and click on lauch settings, it should be on the first page.
3. Type this "+clientport 27006" it was stated on a few other posts it fixes an issue like yours.

If none worked some helpers might reply soon and help ya!

Try reading this, seems he had the same issue as you.

If it didnt work anything from that post try doing this.
1. Go to steam library.
2. Go to gmod properties and click on lauch settings, it should be on the first page.
3. Type this "+clientport 27006" it was stated on a few other posts it fixes an issue like yours.

If none worked some helpers might reply soon and help ya!
Unfortunately no luck with this

Have you attempted to use a VPN? Seemingly a simular situation happened to an individual on discord, it seemingly worked for him, however you may not be able to do so if you do not have sufficient time on the server.

Have you attempted to use a VPN? Seemingly a simular situation happened to an individual on discord, it seemingly worked for him, however you may not be able to do so if you do not have sufficient time on the server.
Referring to me. Yes. I had the issue for a day and all it took was me to download a quick VPN, activate, refresh browser and boom it started connecting. Try a VPN and get back with us with a update.

Oh my, please do not listen to the advice about getting a VPN. You do not need a VPN. You have an underlying network issue and while a VPN might circumvent it it's silly to pay for a service you don't need, you risk your data getting stolen and it will hurt your latency and bandwidth.

Have you tried joining with steam://connect/208.103.169.211 or "connect 208.103.169.211" in console? If that works it'll rule out a DNS issue. If not can you explain how your network situation looks?

Oh my, please do not listen to the advice about getting a VPN. You do not need a VPN. You have an underlying network issue and while a VPN might circumvent it it's silly to pay for a service you don't need, you risk your data getting stolen and it will hurt your latency and bandwidth.

Have you tried joining with steam://connect/208.103.169.211 or "connect 208.103.169.211" in console? If that works it'll rule out a DNS issue. If not can you explain how your network situation looks?
Network issues are actually a bitch to deal with (given there isn’t a lot to go off rn) so resorting to a VPN isn’t the worst thing but you’re not wrong when it is only a bandaid solution, just make the right choice of provider and choose a good price. I wouldn’t even worry about the slight increase in latency, if it actually lets you connect to the server itself then so be it.

A VPN might work if your IP is blocked by the server host, it should (hopefully) not be a permanent block though.
Our host is having some issues at the moment so it might pass on its own, but you can use a VPN until then.

I fixed by using it for the rest of that night and turned it off after and it's been working good since.

It was a free VPN for like a hour just to connect and get on a min and it ain't had issues at all.

Had the same issue. Could join other servers just fine, just not PH.

VPN worked for me. I bounced my VPN around the southern US and kept getting rejections until I put it on LA.

Back