Can't join the server... my game keeps crashing. [Solved!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I remember playing PERPheads a while ago, I loved it when I thought one of my favorite gamemodes was going to die. So I decided to join, but alas my game kept crashing. This is not an average crash bug, I have done EVERYTHING in my power to allow me to join:

• Lowering video settings
  • Downloading content via workshop and manually at the same time
  • A new router
  • Disabling TF2 Content
  • Re installing TDM cars
  • Re installing Garry's Mod
Nothing has worked, it simply goes to "Mounting Addons" on the loading screen and bam it crashes with no errors. Keep in mind I have joined the server a while ago with the same computer, in fact I think I played on the server with a terrible computer. So please... a real tech geek help me.

[SOVLED!]​

Last edited:
Reaction score
This problem is annoying as hell, I usually either connect to a different server or like Bolli said, single player and then it'll allow me to join with crashing. Blame GMod.

Reaction score
I did. Just gave me a "Several Files failed to validate and will be reacquired" message so I did a manual tactic and deleted and re installed my Garry's Mod folder.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies people, I can join hundreds of massive RP servers, even hellsgamers PERP, its just happening with PERPheads D:

BTW I did an entire folder cleanup and re installed Garry's Mod, I only have about 12 addons, including the all content files.

Reaction score
Constant Guard, not sure if it counts though I really delete viruses manually.
[DOUBLEPOST=1423773223,1423772072][/DOUBLEPOST]Hold your comments I think I found a solution! I had to disable all my addons. The server is just full at the moment.
[DOUBLEPOST=1423774741][/DOUBLEPOST]Well it certainly gotten somewhere. Disabling addons just gives me a stuck "Sending Client Info" that won't load, even starting a singleplayer game it just does it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1423787451][/DOUBLEPOST]Alright I got the RAM upgrade, it will double my amount of RAM (PERP was not the only reason to getting the upgrade, I got it since my computer is getting a bit slow.)
[DOUBLEPOST=1424299773][/DOUBLEPOST]The memory upgrade worked! My FPS has tripled, and I can actually drive a car without unbearable lag!

Status
Not open for further replies.