Is it the server or my computer?

Reaction score
Wassup, I got annoyed by the low FPS I got IG. (GTX 760, 6-core processor, 8gb 1800hz ram etc.)
Had like 25-34 fps! So I re-installed the game and now when I've downloaded and extracted the content etc and the map. I can't join the server, first it comes to "retreiving server info" then it just stops... And the game crashes.
I've tried everything, like re-installing, re-extracting etc. Launch options, autoconfig, lower setting. It worked ONCE when I disabled downloading from servers, but then I got in, everything was error and after 30 seconds it crashed again. Anyone that can help me? Would appreciate it alot! :)

Reaction score
As for the FPS drops, more often it is the user's fault rather than the server but that is just from experience. I am not a tech wizz so I will leave that them. Sorry friend.

Reaction score
The low FPS isnt anyones fault other than the limitations within Garry's Mod itself.
Now, I'm not an expert on how games work, but allegedly when the next "big Gmod update" is released it is going to fix a lot if the performance problems that are currently an issue.
Try coming onto the server when there are less than 30people on, you will have no problem getting 45-50 fps att all times (I have an GTX 770).
But as soon as there are 50+ people online the fps takes a significant hit.

We can just hope on that update and upgrade of the current Garry's Mod comes sooner than later!

Reaction score
I got CS:S installed of course. The FPS is not the problem here! It's that I can't join the server! Now I go further than "retreiving server info". Now I come to "downloading maps/graphs/paralake_v2.ain" and then it crashes! I've rebooted my router too, and by the way-... I'm pretty suprised that I got "quick" answers... Thanks for that, appreciate it! Anyone who can help me solve this problem? The FPS is not the problem, I can deal with 30 FPS. But I can't join, yeah... :/
[DOUBLEPOST=1422811901,1422761631][/DOUBLEPOST]Got Textures on high, models high, shadows low/shadering low etc. Everything else is LOW!

MattIs

Turn off server downloading
and Install the Content Packs from the workshop or from the website.

Reaction score
I've tried everything... Now I can only try disable downloading and hope that it will work! Since I really wanna play, yesterday it was perfect, but now-... Can't join the server. I'll be back in a minute or two.
[DOUBLEPOST=1422815034,1422813320][/DOUBLEPOST]Can't join any server, it just stops. So I guess I'll have to quit Gmod until this "big gmod update" comes :) Thanks for everything.

Reaction score
Well, now I came to "Workshop complete" then it crashed :) So I kinda fixed it, but still no. So re-installing the game, and then I'll se how it goes.
[DOUBLEPOST=1422846028,1422841966][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, Alabin I guess your tip fixed it KINDA? So thanks for that, but now I have a new problem.. I can't see NPC's/Marjiuana-Pots(I can see the pot but not the "marijuana/flower-thingy". And some thinks on my bank/storage I can't either see. I think it's the weapons. Not sure, do you know how to fix it? If I relog now, I might never be able to join again, but we'll see :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1422860757][/DOUBLEPOST]http://gyazo.com/87110c57b56dd28c786f7ff4485fbd4b
http://gyazo.com/5a4354fb278c848e053864c34cc9f71c

There you can see, can someone help me out?

Reaction score
Basically the low FPS you have is because you don't have enough VRAM.

I got 2GB GDDR5 VRAM which is used to MAX by PERP, thats why your fps is so low.

Get a GTX Titan X with 12GB VRAM, you'll never run out of VRAM but you will run out of money.

Deal with it.