Server Suggestion Car horns

Reaction score
I realized this idea needs an entirely own thread for it. Credits go to @rogue from my previous suggestion.

Description of the idea:
Rework the way how you can honk your cars horn. Press down ALT and it will do a continuous horn until you let go, to prevent abuse and damaging our ears it should probably be a maximum of 5 seconds with a cooldown of 5 or 10 seconds (code should keep track of how long you honked your horn for and reset the counting after 5 seconds, because there will be someone who horns for 4 seconds and does the same thing over again preventing going on cooldown). If this is too much just don't do a cooldown at all and see how behaved PERP players actually are.

You should also be able to choose (or maybe just make it random?) what kind of horn you'd want.

Why should this be added? (pros): Gives our cars some more flavour instead of a boring honk all cars share.

What negatives could this have? (cons): Ear rape if not implemented properly.

Reaction score
Possibly have different horn types for different cars by default, and you could spend 30-50K at the NPC that does customization to change the horn to any of them?

Reaction score
Honestly just like, pick a bunch of regular car horns, group 'em into things that fit for the various car types (If you really wanna waste time I'm sure you could find the actual horn sounds for almost all the cars since they're all from like racing games and such) and add them. Maybe a few ones. Here's a website with a bunch of sounds. https://www.soundsnap.com/tags/car_horn

(We definitely should have a klaxon though as a "fun aftermarket" horn

Reaction score
no need for cooldown, its spammable right now anyways and making it contious wont make it that abusive