Server Suggestion Card payments

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Card payments
Suggestion Description: -
- Card Payments:
The ability to pay for goods at standard shops (cafe, hospital, etc) with money directly from your bank.

Why should this be added?:
- The card payments would allow players to only need to carry money when buying from player stores or drug dealers, it doesn't make sense that a hospital in 2021 doesn't accept card payments...

What negatives could this have?:
- Players would have less reason to carry around large amounts of cash, reducing the number of muggings that happen.

Last edited:

Max

Reaction score
you should make 2 different posts for these ideas instead of cramming both in 1, and masks have been suggested a good few times and have always been denied

Reaction score

I advise that you remove the ski mask part from the suggestion seeing as there is already an open suggestion on that.

Ski masks are entirely a moot feature for PERP seeing as people can recognise each other through clothing and voice and most players recognise each other OOCly. There's also the fact that realistically you could still identify someone who robbed you even if they were masked through other means (Voice, height, proportions, appearance, demeanor, etc). Adding them will just lead to people believing that they make them immune to a revenge attack and could lead to preposterously hard to handle reports which lead to nothing.

I like the idea of them being added aestetically, but beyond aestetic appearance there's few practical uses for them.

- Players would have less reason to carry around large amounts of cash, reducing the number of muggings that happen.
This isn't a good thing in my opinion. Muggings create roleplay and its a game mechanic. Its already challenging enough for many people being able to catch someone off guard with items on them beyond 20 dollars and a few burgers. Newer players already struggle with muggings as the rules confirming or denying their legality is easy to break if you have no experience doing so.

Reaction score

I advise that you remove the ski mask part from the suggestion seeing as there is already an open suggestion on that.

Ski masks are entirely a moot feature for PERP seeing as people can recognise each other through clothing and voice and most players recognise each other OOCly. There's also the fact that realistically you could still identify someone who robbed you even if they were masked through other means (Voice, height, proportions, appearance, demeanor, etc). Adding them will just lead to people believing that they make them immune to a revenge attack and could lead to preposterously hard to handle reports which lead to nothing.

I like the idea of them being added aestetically, but beyond aestetic appearance there's few practical uses for them.

This isn't a good thing in my opinion. Muggings create roleplay and its a game mechanic. Its already challenging enough for many people being able to catch someone off guard with items on them beyond 20 dollars and a few burgers. Newer players already struggle with muggings as the rules confirming or denying their legality is easy to break if you have no experience doing so.
Yeah, that's fair enough. Edited to remove the mask suggestion.
I really like the idea of the visual aspect of the masks I would be more than happy to purchase a whole set if they do eventually come out as a visual-thing.
The card payments just seem like something that was really strange, in a city full of high-end cars and guns that no shop would accept card payments.