Model Suggestion Change the name of the AK-47 to AKM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Change the name of the AK-47 to AKM
Suggestion Description: Really minor suggestion but I'm making it because I'm OCD- Changing the name of the AK-47 to AKM as that is what it actually is.
As you can see by the linked images, the AK-47 has a milled receiver and the best way to tell is the distinct markings just above the magwell on the AK-47, the long rectangle milled out on the side of the receiver.
Whereas the AKM has a dimple on the side of the receiver as it's stamped metal as opposed to milled.
There's other differences with the profile of the gas block and etc but the main tell for the difference between an AKM and 47 is the milled vs stamped receiver.

Why should this be added?:
- Accuracy in names

What negatives could this have?:
- Time wasted on stupid idiots with dumb suggestions like myself

Useful Images:
AK-47

additional.jpg

AKM
iu

Perp AK-"47"
1676454760075.png

Reaction score
If the AK47 is what annoys you I dread the day you discover the “AK74U” fucked up mess…

Reaction score
honestly i cant see the diffrence from perp ak-47 till real ak-47
back me up here with some info plz

Reaction score
honestly i cant see the diffrence from perp ak-47 till real ak-47
back me up here with some info plz
ChatGPT to the rescue
Can you list me the differences between a AK-47 and a AKM?

The AK-47 and AKM are both widely used assault rifles that are often compared to each other. Here are some of the key differences between the two:

1. Manufacturing process: The AK-47 was initially manufactured using a process called stamped sheet metal, which involved folding and welding thin sheets of metal. The AKM, on the other hand, was produced using a more advanced process called milling, which involved cutting and shaping solid blocks of metal.
  2. Weight: The AKM is generally lighter than the AK-47, due in part to its use of more modern materials and manufacturing techniques.
  3. Accuracy: The AKM is generally considered to be more accurate than the AK-47, due in part to improvements made in the design of the barrel and the use of a muzzle brake.
  4. Magazine: The AKM introduced a new magazine design that was lighter and easier to produce than the original AK-47 magazine.
  5. Bayonet: The AKM has a detachable bayonet, whereas the AK-47 had a permanently attached bayonet.
  6. Muzzle device: The AKM features a distinctive slant-cut muzzle brake, which reduces recoil and helps to stabilize the rifle during rapid fire.
  7. Overall design: The AKM is generally considered to be a refinement of the original AK-47 design, with improvements made in several areas, including manufacturing, accuracy, and weight.
Overall, while the AK-47 and AKM share many similarities, the AKM represents a significant improvement over the original design, with several key changes that make it a more effective and efficient weapon.
How can you differentiate one from another?

The AK-47 and AKM can be differentiated from each other in a few key ways:

1. Markings: The AK-47 and AKM often have different markings on their receivers, which can help to identify them. For example, the AK-47 typically has a "Type 2" or "Type 3" receiver with a milled surface, while the AKM has a "Type 4" receiver with a stamped surface. The markings may also include the manufacturer's name, model number, and serial number.
  2. Magazine: The AKM introduced a new magazine design that is slightly different from the AK-47 magazine. The AKM magazine is generally lighter and easier to produce, and has reinforcing ribs on the sides.
  3. Muzzle device: The AKM features a distinctive slant-cut muzzle brake, while the AK-47 has a straighter cut.
  4. Weight: The AKM is generally lighter than the AK-47, due in part to its use of more modern materials and manufacturing techniques.
  5. Bayonet: The AKM has a detachable bayonet, while the AK-47 has a permanently attached bayonet.
  6. Barrel: The AKM has a slightly longer and thinner barrel than the AK-47, which can affect the gun's accuracy.
These differences may not always be immediately apparent, especially to those who are less familiar with these weapons. However, examining the markings and examining the design details can help to distinguish between an AK-47 and an AKM.

Reaction score
  1. Manufacturing process: The AK-47 was initially manufactured using a process called stamped sheet metal, which involved folding and welding thin sheets of metal. The AKM, on the other hand, was produced using a more advanced process called milling, which involved cutting and shaping solid blocks of metal.
chatgpt literally wrong tho. AK-47 type 1 was stamped metal, but it was shit, ak-47 type 2 was milled, cause they couldn't figure stamping out at the time, then the type 3 was milled. akm switched to stamped tho yeah.

in terms of the suggestion, i dont think it matters, also changing it seems like it might cause confusion.

Reaction score
Didn't the AKM Have a muzzle brake built in? The current AK47 model does not.

It would make sense if it was an actual izhmash gun but this one was built in Paralake.

If I recall correctly, A huge portion of US made AK rifles, despite being more built in line with the AKM, are marketed as AK47 rifles.

If we were to align this to be factually correct then many other pre-existing PERP Guns would need to be renamed to suit the firearm in question, such as:
- The MP5A4 would need to be "MP5" as the A4 variant refers to its fixed stock form, but we can put collapsible stocks on it, thus making it an MP5A5.
- The M14 lacks full auto fire mode, making it a Springfield M1A, not an M14. M14's are select fire rifles.
- The SAKO M92S on PERP is full auto. The real Sako M92S is semi automatic only. The Correct term for this weapon would be "Sako / Valmet RK 95TP."
- The AK74U isn't a real gun. The real gun is the AKS-74U. (It is also missing the Muzzle booster it relies on to function adequately)

Other unrealistic gun inaccuracies I'd rather see patched first include:
- The glock 18c, despite literally being a glock 17 with an auto fire switch and built in compensator cannot take Glock 17 magazines, and the Glock 17 cannot take 18 magazines. In reality, these 2 guns have the same magazine.
- MP5K magazines and MP5A4 Magazines aren't cross compatible like they are in real life.
- SAKO And AK47 magazines aren't cross compatible like they are in real life.
- Technically speaking suppressors of a diameter larger than the projectile it is intended to fire will usually work fine on a firearm of a smaller caliber. A 45 ACP Suppressor works for 9mm, .40 and even 300 blackout.
- The only thing actually stopping us from putting "incompatible" sights onto some guns is the games code. Realistically any gun with a picatinny rail can take picatinny attachments.

Reaction score
- The glock 18c, despite literally being a glock 17 with an auto fire switch and built in compensator cannot take Glock 17 magazines, and the Glock 17 cannot take 18 magazines. In reality, these 2 guns have the same magazine.
- MP5K magazines and MP5A4 Magazines aren't cross compatible like they are in real life.
- Technically speaking suppressors of a diameter larger than the projectile it is intended to fire will usually work fine on a firearm of a smaller caliber. A 45 ACP Suppressor works for 9mm, .40 and even 300 blackout.
- The only thing actually stopping us from putting "incompatible" sights onto some guns is the games code. Realistically any gun with a picatinny rail can take picatinny attachments.
honestly though fuck this entire suggestion bnej brings up way better points that need to be given more attention than my dumbass complaining about the tiny differences between kalashnikov's finest

Reaction score
Didn't the AKM Have a muzzle brake built in? The current AK47 model does not.

It would make sense if it was an actual izhmash gun but this one was built in Paralake.

If I recall correctly, A huge portion of US made AK rifles, despite being more built in line with the AKM, are marketed as AK47 rifles.

If we were to align this to be factually correct then many other pre-existing PERP Guns would need to be renamed to suit the firearm in question, such as:
- The MP5A4 would need to be "MP5" as the A4 variant refers to its fixed stock form, but we can put collapsible stocks on it, thus making it an MP5A5.
- The M14 lacks full auto fire mode, making it a Springfield M1A, not an M14. M14's are select fire rifles.
- The SAKO M92S on PERP is full auto. The real Sako M92S is semi automatic only. The Correct term for this weapon would be "Sako / Valmet RK 95TP."
- The AK74U isn't a real gun. The real gun is the AKS-74U. (It is also missing the Muzzle booster it relies on to function adequately)

Op's OCD just exploded after reading this

Status
Not open for further replies.