Server Suggestion Change the weight of Fish

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Change the weight of Fish
Suggestion Description: Change the weight to fish so when you put them into a chest so you can fit more than 25 in a chest.

A lot of people have been passive roleplaying at Hicktown and Beach and building rafts and boats with chests and it's very limited on how much fish you can actually have on you and how much you can fit in the chest.

Another suggestion could be a cooler or something, that works the same as a chest but you can only put fish or edible items and it can carry way more than 50 like the normal chests. Like remove the weight limit on the cooler but put a limit on the amount. Garry's mod already have a cooler prop and the animation would be the same as chests.

or change the category for raw fish so you can carry more on you. A new category would be amazing.

Why should this be added?:
- New RP opportunities
- Convenience

What negatives could this have?:
- Coding?

Useful Images:
CntCooler.png

Reaction score
Inb4 muh reelizm

Id like to see chests receive a weight buff more so tbh, but this idea also works great so I upvoted it.

Reaction score
i am kinda against it due to how easy it will be to earn more money that way when fish get lighter. The biggest issue when it comes to fishing is its transport to sell which is the only place where there is any risk involved (tickets) and which is more time consuming making it a less optimal strategy to earn money but a viable one.

I rather agree with @Benj where I rather see the doubling of the chest capacities (or something like that/ what you are suggesting a food storage) rather than making fish lighter by weight as this will also require specific vehicles and a slower driving time.

Reaction score
i am kinda against it due to how easy it will be to earn more money that way when fish get lighter. The biggest issue when it comes to fishing is its transport to sell which is the only place where there is any risk involved (tickets) and which is more time consuming making it a less optimal strategy to earn money but a viable one.

I rather agree with @Benj where I rather see the doubling of the chest capacities (or something like that/ what you are suggesting a food storage) rather than making fish lighter by weight as this will also require specific vehicles and a slower driving time.
I agree with blobvis, it's not like you can already make enough money risk free by fishing

Reaction score
  • Staff

I agree with blobvis, it's not like you can already make enough money risk free by fishing
I mean if it's the money making side of fishing just lower the value of the fish. This is just for RP and actually fish, not to make money, but I get what you mean.

Reaction score
I mean if it's the money making side of fishing just lower the value of the fish. This is just for RP and actually fish, not to make money, but I get what you mean.
you can't be lowering the value of fish, that's gonna make fishing not worth it if you actually try to make money!