Change to 3.2 - #SaveMedicSouls

Status
Not open for further replies.

rat

Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: Change

What law do you wish to change/add: Removing the portion that states that government employees count as valid evidence of a crime. Replace with only LEOs / Secret Service (as both are branches of law enforcement.)

Why should this change/addition be made: So medics aren't shot 24/7

What is the aim of this change/addition: To make things a little more interesting for medics. Typically the same formula applies. Turn up to a gunfight, wait a bit and get killed instantly. Why? Because they are government employees and government employees are all KoS! Such a DarkRP mindset isn't health for a server that aims to emulate "serious" roleplay.

I personally just don't like seeing medics constantly shot. A lot of the time it's new players who are a medic because they can't do much else to make money and their experience currently consists of spending half the time on a black screen.

Medics are civilians. Why are their lives not treated as such in the law? This law endangers medic's lives. The medic mortality rate in this city is completely disproportional and unrealistic. Even moreso than cops.

Reaction score
Personally I would say that instead of removing it entirely, I would just re-classify EMS/Fire as purely City workers as opposed to government that way they do not fall under 3.2 as;
government witnesses
Becomes VOID only in circumstances of them witnessing and that way Police cannot charge the medic under 4.4 and 10.2 as if the medic ended up having their life threatened they could then actually have a back leg to stand on.

With regards to Evidence, Medics will still be able to DNA but however if Medics cannot attend then a Supervisor who has access to DNA tool can perform the role of evidence gathering.

The only issue with re-classifying them would be the factor of their word no longer is viable evidence and they would have to prove what they saw/had happen.

Longevity of life > Evidence

Reaction score
Of course it ain't nice to see unarmed people gettin shot down, but all medics have to do is press one button (if it is a bind) and the whole TFU and police force will show up, ready to get fucked * up by Olsen.

* People did not get my sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.