Changes to house alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/changes-to-house-alarm.16608/

Main Idea: Changes to house alarm

Full description of the idea: Increase the cost of a house alarm and make it actually a useful thing. Right now a house alarm is extremely unpredictable, even when bobbies fail on the door there is only a chance of it triggering. The house alarm should ALWAYS trigger but ONLY if a person manages to open the main door with a crowbar or bobby.

Also have a option to set the alarm to silent mode, the person breaking in wouldn't hear the alarm but cops would be notified. This allows for a much higher chances to catch the suspect.

Why should it be added?: A house alarm works with movement/terminal cameras combined with door and window triggers. Trying to lockpick a door wouldn't trigger an alarm, actually opening the door and entering would.

Pros: [list of all good aspects]
Realism.
Good security for those who passiveRP in their house.
Decrease the chance of getting mugged in your own property.
No need to carry guns on your own property as defense. (if there is enough law enforcement)

Cons:
[list of all bad aspects]
Police will have to respond to more break-ins.

Reaction score
It already is useful enough? I use it close to all the time as yes, it doesn't go off each time a failed break in takes place, but it's better that way. Yes, opening a door triggers a house alarm, at least the one that is installed in my house, but that kind of alarm can also be turned off/on whenever you'd like. Else, the alarm would go off each time the door was to be opened. Unless something like that was to be implemented, what you're suggesting, would be too good. Typically, this kind of alarm goes off and alerts the company that installed the alarm. If the alarm is not called off to prevent them from responding, they will call for it to be investigated.

They are useful, their price now is reasonable, I don't see how it would be reasonable to make the alarm capable of protecting any property at all times if it's broken into, it would lower the chances of the burglar tremendously. Obviously, it's not supposed to be a walk in the park, but I don't see why there would be a need to buff the house alarm, unless the ability to somehow turn it off/on would also be added, meaning it's possible to disable it. Meaning there would also be some kind of delay before the alarm goes off and alerts the PD.

Personally, I'd say keep it as it is, as either it would get a bit too complicated for such a small thing to the extent where it's excessive.

Reaction score
Denied.

Due to the length of time this thread has been open, it will now be moved to the Denied section.

Status
Not open for further replies.