Server Suggestion Changes To Road Spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Changes To Road Spikes
Suggestion Description: -Give officers the ability to remove deployed road spike strips regardless of who placed them down (just as they would with barriers). Nothing else changes; every officer will only be allowed to deploy one road spike strip at a time.

-Make it possible to spike all non government vehicles (i.e. taxi drivers and couriers)

Why should this be added?:
- In the event an officer dies after placing road spikes, there is no way for other officers to remove them. This forces road closures. which is a potential for accidents and damages to other vehicles.

-Taxi drivers are not government employees and a lot of them violate sections 6, 9 and 12 of the Paralake penal code. Since couriers are not government employees either, this should extend to them as well.

What negatives could this have?:
- Cant really think of a reason.

Reaction score
honestly, every vehicle except the swat van should have tyres vulnerable to spikes & small arms
Every vehicle for that matter should be vulnerable to spikes, including swat vans. This adds realism and forces officers to engage in communication and strategic planning rather than slapping it down and hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Every vehicle for that matter should be vulnerable to spikes, including swat vans. This adds realism and forces officers to engage in communication rather than slapping it down and hoping for the best.
nah nah nah, swat van would have runflat tyres

Reaction score
nah nah nah, swat van would have runflat tyres
Run flats or not, the tires will eventually fail after a big puncture such as in the case of a road spike. At least alter the drivability to where the van can still function, but the speeds and maneuverability are diminished.

Reaction score
I can agree with the point about removing roadspikes after officer dies/goes unconscious. Should be pretty simple to implement and stop unwanted cars being spiked because of the imposibility to get rid of the spikes.
I think that RC, Taxi, and couriers should be spikable - if they are not yet. Although it is impossible and stupid to make police cruisers vulnerable to spikes in paralake. Map is too small, roads are too narrow for the cruisers to avoid spikes during a pursuit, unrealistic, but a change would just end up with the whole pd being spiked at bazaar, without the ability to come back to PD or drive cars, as they would be breaking traffic laws.

Reaction score
Map is too small, roads are too narrow for the cruisers to avoid spikes during a pursuit, unrealistic, but a change would just end up with the whole pd being spiked at bazaar
This can all be prevented with proper communication and situational awareness.

Reaction score
no, there is no way that officers with 3 hours of total experience on the server, that are equipped with spike strips will be able to handicap the whole police force with one stupid decision, or lack of knowledge and experience. The server has its own limitations(comms, unexperienced, underperforming officers, that are not properly trained), if the car is 50m away it will just disappear and police will loose visual just in order to let someone spikestrip the vechicle, and if the spike is not successful, the suspect will gain 10-15 seconds of time to run away. Even IRL police will not spike a car on a small two-lane road like most of the Paralake roads, because it is too likely, that they will spike other police vechicles, or civilian cars.

Reaction score
Non govermental jobs like courier taxi and roadcrew being spikeable i totally agree with as well as all cops being able to remove spikes. But government vehicles should be immune. as FF what if the bridge is spiked and we have to get to bazzar car bomb fire? We'd have to back up the entire highway to turn around causing blocks and collisions to go backwards to put out the now massive fire.

Reaction score
Non govermental jobs like courier taxi and roadcrew being spikeable i totally agree with as well as all cops being able to remove spikes. But government vehicles should be immune. as FF what if the bridge is spiked and we have to get to bazzar car bomb fire? We'd have to back up the entire highway to turn around causing blocks and collisions to go backwards to put out the now massive fire.
then take parker tunnel or pick up the spike before speeding off??????????

I agree with @213 and @Allen Kennedy but more so 213 because I think no vehicle should be immune to the car spikes. FF or not, you wouldn't disable police shooting each other to make it easier for them so why is it that the spikes don't hurt them.

Reaction score
then take parker tunnel or pick up the spike before speeding off??????????

I agree with @213 and @Allen Kennedy but more so 213 because I think no vehicle should be immune to the car spikes. FF or not, you wouldn't disable police shooting each other to make it easier for them so why is it that the spikes don't hurt them.
I mean that would work yes but they never inform of spike or scream so loud i cant hear them over my wincing from the actual pain they're causing me. So I usually only know when i run up to them.

I still agree that we need some balancing though and this is a minor complaint in the grand scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.