Decrease, remove or adjust road spikes decay

Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/road-spikes-decay.36006/]

Main Idea: Decrease, remove or adjust road spikes decay

Full description of the idea: Right now road spikes placed are removed automatically within 5 min or so, this makes most road spikes nearly useless as gunfights last for much longer then that and having to go back to replace them every time is stupid. I'd like to suggest upping it to 20 min or removing it completely so that spikes placed actually having a meaning in these situations.

Alternative suggested implications as seen on discussion topic from top to bottom:
All officers should be able to remove spikes @Saint Wylde
Up time to 10 min @Lelios
Remove spikes upon death @Exnem
Proxy based decay @SGT Masterchief
Give civ's a way to remove spikes @blobvis 2.0

Why should it be added?: Having to replace road spikes every X min is silly

Pros: Not having to go out in open to replace spikes every time

Cons: Random spikes laying around

Reaction score
I think that automatic removal of road spikes should only be based on proximity, meaning that they will remain indefinitely when remaining in the area and that they will disappear after around 3 minutes of not being in the area (should be a relatively large proximity to ensure that they don't disappear during a raid or something similar).

Like the idea overall though.

Reaction score
The proximity seems like an even better idea, if you’re away from spikes for 1 minute or die then your spikes are just simply gone. A shootout could last less then 5 minutes and an officer can manage spike placement, that would be fairly convenient for criminals in my opinion.