Police Suggestion NERF Road Spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Nerf the roadspikes in some way.

What benefits would this idea have for the department: On multiple occasions i've had my wheels spiked by an unranked police officer, just because my car looks somewhat similar to other sports cars. Which has left me feeling slightly irate as I don't want to demand a brand new player pay for my wheels, so must pay for it myself and then have the hassle of going to car dealer to respawn my car and fix the tires etc. This is easily avoidable by adding a timer, or making them needing to be equipped like a gun.

Furthermore when a citizen it's more or less impossible to fully escape police, as a result of the map size and only being accessible via one long highway, if an officer sits at one opposite point of the highway each they are more or less guarantee'd to take out your tires.

May also help reduce IA complaints for minor things, e.g spiking the wrong car, forgetting your spikes are down due to inexperience.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: More difficult to catch the pagani zonda going 140 along the highway.

Other additions: An alternative to only giving these items to higher ranks, is perhaps putting it in the trunk of the car as equipment, and making policy you may not randomly carry them about / have them out. That way perhaps police would think twice about the importance of road spikes, and the serious damage they can do if misused. I understand that taking away more from officers may be a step in the wrong direction, from encouraging new players to join the PD. This is why I have suggested this as a possible alternative to completely removing it from them.

Currently officers can deploy spikes midair, and mid sprinting which is ridiculously overpowered. That alongside the fact you can catch the back right tire a tiny bit and take out all 4 tires. Even a timer like when you equip a gun before placing the spikes would make it slightly fairer.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Spikes won't be nerfed, mainly for balance. Being able to deploy them from the air is a bug, and will be addressed, they should at least be standing still.

Status
Not open for further replies.