Changing the way text is drawn for things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/changing-the-way-the-text-draws-for-things-on-sale.17445/

Main Idea: Change way text draws

Full description of the idea:
Change the way the text from things on sale is drawn, instead of having all the text floating about items, which i am pretty sure causes quite a lot of fps lag (Atm i get 12 fps at bazaar) I even get more fps at city than bazaar when there is loads of shops, instead maybe give the text a draw distance (so it fades in and out, not sure if it does??) And also make it so the price of the items only displays when you are hovering over the items / only "creates" when you are hovering over which would make not 50 ddifferent texts appear when theres a lot of shops which causes a lot of lag in fps. Could also just make it so when you press E on an weapon it brings up a menu showing price, description and you can choose to buy or close menu.

Why should it be added?: [
- Should improve fps a lot.
- It will be easier to see the price, description of an item if theres multiple items laying "ontop" of eachother.

Pros:
- More fps.
- Easier to see price and description.

Cons:
- Don't see any.

*Other additions:
A picture showing the fps when not looking at the text(27 fps incase its hard to see):
1bbeb8af79ba407a8793320aa08af1c0.png

Now when looking at all the shops, displaying not all, but most of the texts(7 fps incase its hard to see):
0c3191db639f412887c1fae53d04f752.png

* optional addition

Here is another idea for the thing: Make it like a storage chest where the owner of the 'Shop Chest' or whatever the name might be, can put items in and put the price of the items, then when a player presses e on the chest/whatever prop it might be, a menu pops up where he can buy the items and view the description, example menu:

PgyioKE.png

Obviously would need better design, colors etc i was just at school and had the shittiest editor ever so sry i couldnt make one better xD

Last edited by a moderator:

M

Reaction score
Could also just make it so when you press E on an weapon it brings up a menu showing price, description and you can choose to buy or close menu.

This would be ideal too, to prevent accidental purchase of nearby items.

Reaction score
The only Con I see here is that sometimes I walk past a shop and see a reallly cheap gun or ammo and then im like " wow ill buy that " - this mean that you can't run past the shop to check real quick for something cheap.

Other then that I like the idea as bazaar shops are often an chaos and you cant see prices.

Reaction score
Denied

Due to the length of time this thread has been open, it will now be moved to the Denied section.

Status
Not open for further replies.