Cloud gaming services.

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been looking into cloud gaming services i.e. NVIDIA GeForceNOW, Shadow, Playkey, etc. I am mainly looking into this as I am a university student and only have a laptop and PS4 to play games on, and since I do not play competitive games like CSGO & R6S, I have no real need for a high-end computer. These services are relatively cheap as monthly payments with any time cancel for most. This way I can buy the service whenever I'm in the mood to play intensive games again i.e. Space Engineers, GTA, RDR2, etc.

I have tried Playkey already but was not impressed, I was unable to join any game servers on Garry's Mod nor Space Engineers. NVIDIA GeforceNOW was also a let down due to the queue on the free service and how the paid service is out of stock. I have faith that Shadow be what I am looking for but is only available for pre-order until July 2020.

Does anybody have any experience with these services?

Thanks.

Reaction score
i'm only familiar with GeForce NOW. Which worked ok. But the quality still is shoddy, there is always noticable input lag. You can't mod, you can't change config files(in most of them, im not 100% sure). and glhf in dark games
it sucked when i had to redo metro exodus because the save game got fucked for some reason and i couldn't backup it.

User0

buy Geforce Now subscription (free 90 day trial) or use shadow cloud gaming services 15$ a month (location restrictions)