Computer crashing randomly

Reaction score
Recently, my computer seems to randomly crash.
Sometimes its happens after a long time of having my computer on or sometimes just as I turn it on and it's been on for only 5 minutes, it just completely freezes and the lights on my keyboard and mouse all go off and I have to then turn the PC off by the power button and turn it back on.

I was going to try and get a picture but waiting for it to happen again, I don't really have a clue why it does it.
If anyone can suggest anything, thanks.

Happy to provide any info required

Reaction score
you looked at task manager to see if your ram is being taken? if my ram goes to 100% usage from a memory leak or whatever my whole thing locks up

Reaction score
When you describe "Crash", do you get a Blue screen?

You also may want to check your minidump files which can be found here: %SystemRoot%\Minidump
As long as you have enabled this to happen of course.

Reaction score
When you describe "Crash", do you get a Blue screen?

You also may want to check your minidump files which can be found here: %SystemRoot%\Minidump
As long as you have enabled this to happen of course.
It's not a blue screen, what I mean by crash is more of a freeze. I'm just playing a game or have just booted up my computer and some weird lines and that go across my second monitor and everything turns off but my pc fan lights and I have to turn off my PC by the power button to restart it.

I'll try and get a picture but won't happen unless it freezes agian.

Reaction score
It's not a blue screen, what I mean by crash is more of a freeze. I'm just playing a game or have just booted up my computer and some weird lines and that go across my second monitor and everything turns off but my pc fan lights and I have to turn off my PC by the power button to restart it.

I'll try and get a picture but won't happen unless it freezes agian.
Yes, a picture would be very useful.
Try the mini dump files, see if they point anything out.

Reaction score
What did you do to fix it?
Well, This was on my OLD Pc if I remember correctly, I ended up getting a new one. It could just be that it needs reseating or you might need a new one, however, I might be wrong and it might not be the GPU

Reaction score
As @Jimmy Jackson mentioned it can be a GPU issue. You can rule this out by having another computer connected over teamviewer or even privately streaming your dekstop to youtube. If your own display freezes up completely, but the stream still functions just fine then it very well might be a GPU (Driver) issue.

However i personally don't think that's the case, most RGB keyboards are using the software that came with it to run, so if your keyboard receives no further instructions your system as a whole is freezing up, so try this:

- Reseat your ram, use only one or two sticks instead of all the ones you have now. Use different slots / the appriopriate slots according to your motherboard. Swap the modules around, etc. Might be worth to run memtest just in case.

- Rule out if this is a software/OS or hardware issue by installing Windows to go, or a live linux bootable usb. the latter is easier. just let it run with something to do like a 10 hour youtube video. If it freezes again, it's a hardware or maybe bios issue. if it doesn't, its windows related. in that case that leaves you with:

- Your windows installation is borked and you should reinstall it
- some really bad program, setting or whatever is causing it, and if you have no idea what then just try reinstalling windows
- your SSD/HDD, at certain points, just decides 'nah' and just dies. You know how old these are?