Confirmation box for surrendering

Reaction score
Description of the idea: When you surrender make a box appear similar to the zip-tie consent box that says 'Are you sure you want to surrender?'.

I saw this video from @BigBenji in Shoutbox just now and I then thought, wow this happens a lot to me aswell.

This entire mugging was ruined due to the accidental surrender, which could have been easily prevented had there been a confirmation box.
I am not a developer, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this shouldn't really be that hard to implement.

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • No more accidental surrendering.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • Possibility that you accidentally press it while running from someone and then you get this box which you have to click away, you are a dumbass if you manage to surrender while running though. Doubt this'll happen, but can never be too sure.

Reaction score
bruh fr, this happened to me the other day mid shootout after trying to get used to the new ACOG scope switching thing

Reaction score
You could say it would just further "allow" people to stall under gunpoint but then again the potential for rule breaks should never truly be considered when it comes to stuff like this as it can be dealt with easily. I support this idea.

Reaction score
The game shouldn't try to change the way a mechanic works, because someone pressed the wrong bind and the wrong time.
Also there is an action wheel which imo is much safer and quicker to use instead of keeping a bind that you may accidently click

Reaction score
The game shouldn't try to change the way a mechanic works, because someone pressed the wrong bind and the wrong time.
Also there is an action wheel which imo is much safer and quicker to use instead of keeping a bind that you may accidently click
I dont have a bind either, I open the wheel either by accident or to select an act near surrender and then accidentally surrender

bruh fr, this happened to me the other day mid shootout after trying to get used to the new ACOG scope switching thing

This is another great example of why this is aids

Reaction score
Change the position of act surrender on the wheel to the center in the bottom, which forces you to consciously do it instead of accidentally holding C and moving your mouse over act surrender. Seems like a better option to me. Just move act surrender further away so it happens less often.

Reaction score
even when the mechanic works bad?
Yeah there's a wheel which makes it just as easy to accidently surrender or perform another act. Won't believe the amount of times i've surrendered as TFU because i wanted to switch scopes on the ACOG.

I dont think a confirmation menu is the solution, as that would still freeze your screen up in a dire situation. How about it requires you to hold a specific key for 1-2 seconds(with a timer and a confirmation on your hud) to activate?

Reaction score
even when the mechanic works bad?
Yeah there's a wheel which makes it just as easy to accidently surrender or perform another act. Won't believe the amount of times i've surrendered as TFU because i wanted to switch scopes on the ACOG.

I dont think a confirmation menu is the solution, as that would still freeze your screen up in a dire situation. How about it requires you to hold a specific key for 1-2 seconds(with a timer and a confirmation on your hud) to activate?
if I have to be honest I've literally never used an ACOG sight and I have no idea how the switch happens, but when you mentioned now I can see the problem with the wheel. Also the button hold is a great alternative imo