Cracking down on Metagaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've got evidence of people doing it, we could make a deal

Reaction score
@Youseff past two years? It's been non existent for the last five years. Enforcing metagaming died out 2016 and some ex-staff members metagamed. This isn't slander since these staff members have been dealt with for it.

Reaction score
I've helped @A1L deal with metagamers before this announcement, it's still something that was being done, just not as intensely as now.

Mim

Reaction score
@John Daymon How do you know this isn't happening now when we are trying to catch metagamers? Rather than assuming its not being dealt with the way you used to deal with it, rest assured its being dealt with, that's all that needs to be said or will be said. Don't assume something you have no up to date insight into.

Reaction score
@Mim Oh, okay Mim sorry. Let me re-phrase it. No one gave a fuck about metagaming until the times when I got demoted from the staff team, might've changed a bit in 2020 and thankfully it's being taken care of in 2021.
I know this because I was a staff member till then.

And I'll be honest with you; banning a few people for metagaming and cracking down on it like back in time is completely different.

Mim

Reaction score
@John Daymon I appreciate the clarification, i just didn't want misinformation spread about. The staff team are proactively trying to catch metagamers, cheaters etc in any way possible.

It's hard to 'crackdown' on metagaming without starting somewhere and that's what we are doing. Trust me when I say we are looking into peoples behaviour and actively finding people who are metagaming or like you said 'posing' etc to catch people.

I cant comment on the staff team back when you were admin but the 2020->2021 staff team that I've been part of have definitely stepped up proactive efforts to a point where we are doing more proactive than reactive at this point as you can probably see by the number of cheating bans we have been able to put in place over the past month.

I appreciate the insight and I hope you understand where I was coming from.

Reaction score
If this is what you call a crackdown on metagaming then you are so far off with your words.

Not trying to nick pick people here but a great example is how the fuck does Ashur get off a permanent ban and receive all these punishments including two metagame bans? Someone with no intent to RP would receive a much longer ban for their trolling within an hour (e.g one month ban) meanwhile this one individual is consistently breaking rules over and over despite just getting off a permanent ban and hasn’t even received a proper lengthy ban to actually teach them a lesson? Sort your shit out staff team, it’s looking so scuffed rn man. Don’t take any of what I said personally in case you’re feeling a bit sensitive too, this is genuinely how I feel about your ‘crackdown’ and how the team’s performance has been as of recent.

Reaction score
I think there should definitely be some more clarity on this, why do some megalolis deserve 3-6 month bans just because they’re more experienced members, compared to others who get bans as little as 2 days for metagaming

A lot of people think metagaming is some serious offence and deserves 3-6 month bans but honestly, it doesn’t give a serious advantage as TS is available in game and rarely seriously negatively affects other players, I’m not sure myself if all the bans are deserving of 3-6 months

Reaction score
They shouldn't really be saying they're "cracking down on metagaming" when they say they will be giving out "harsher punishments" then slap a 5 day ban on these long term members, the whole thing with megalolis was just a power statement showing they didn't like the old lolis due to the impact on the server.

This whole post is bs tbh, as there is evidently nothing being actually done about this...

Reaction score
Really not sure on the point of this post, "guys we know you do it so please stop", the issue is staff have also done this in the past and very frequently? I've sat and meta gamed with almost every staff member at this point. Demo requests are also inconsistent and not always the way forward, I wonder if we will see any false bans pop up but speaking of which:

@Ashur has been banned for meta x2 in the last 2 weeks and only received 10 days over the 2 bans total, I mean????? Is this being enforced more or not, because you are saying it is but acting as if it isn't.

Reaction score
I did forget to mention in my post but some kid also has been given three metagame bans in the past but was never given a punishment for over two weeks. The ban was placed after this thread was created so if anything it’s doing the complete opposite..

Status
Not open for further replies.