Cracking down on Metagaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
style-logo-png.10315

Cracking down on Metagaming

Hello everyone.

It has recently been brought to our attention that there have been more cases of people communicating via third-party applications such as TeamSpeak, Discord, etc. on the server during RP situations - primarily shootouts and other situations where players would gain an unfair advantage by utilising these applications to communicate. As you all know this is commonly referred to as metagaming and traditionally, cases of players caught metagaming were dealt with harsh punishments but as of lately less severe punishments were issued for metagaming.

As a result of this we have seen more cases of metagaming occurring and we would like to remind everyone that under Rule 3.2 Third-Party Communication Applications metagaming is against the rules and going forward, the staff team will be getting more stricter on cases of players metagaming by issuing harsher punishments - namely longer bans.

We will issuing demo requests more frequently to players suspected of metagaming. These harsher punishments going forward will only apply to new cases of metagaming. Any evidence of metagaming prior to this announcement will not be receiving the same treatment.

Kind regards,
Administration

Reaction score
Would sitting in a ts/discord voice channel with your friends who are also on the server still be okay if all IC info is relayed only in-game still?

Reaction score
I am not sure why my post was deleted it, perhaps it was to do with my witty reply afterwards, if this one gets deleted it I'll just accept the fact...

wondering if the people who sit unmuted on perp ts in a private channel while in active rp on perp will get demo requested?

Status
Not open for further replies.