Crashing every 10-15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Evert 10-15 minutes i freeze i can only look around, everything else is also frozen, agian cant do anything besides looking around. i relog, sometimes it doesnt let me and i need to close gmod and log then.
not seeing any errors before i crash. i have downloaded everything that i need. maybe i have some old content and that why im crashing if it is why can someone tell me how can i know what's old and wht's new?

Reaction score
I don't have any other addons, just Perp content. what i meant is that maybe i have really old addons of perp and maybe that cuases it but i really don't know.

Reaction score
Can you post your most recent crash logs if you have those? They are in the same folder as gmod exe and you can open them with notepad and paste the text on pastebin.com

Reaction score
Did you run gmod on 64-bit? if yes disable 64 and 32 bit beta.

i tested it and make sure you completely delete it. i even had to reinstall gmod for perp to work again, but the 64 beta branch modifies some files that the 32 bit exe also uses

Reaction score
Check within your games directory via steam apps then going on Garry’s Mod, go to your add-ons and clear them completely by highlighting it all and clearing it/deleting. Once deleted verify your games intergrity by going on the game in steam tabs and checking properties. If its all clear then go In Game and re-instal only the normal add-ons not legacy ones. Check that CSS is also properly mounted. If you use 64 bit, then pick the option to opt out of Betas.

Like @Sneaky said, you should try and provide them with your most recent crash logs internally so we can all properly understand your problem and think of more things to do besides basics!

Reaction score
Can you post your most recent crash logs if you have those? They are in the same folder as gmod exe and you can open them with notepad and paste the text on pastebin.com

where can i find it? i'm sorry but im not sure where the gmod exe is.

Reaction score
The problame was solved and so if someone is going to have the same problame im going to describe what happend and how it was fixed:
the problame it self was that every 10-20 minutes the server froze, i wasn't able to move around, wasn't able to talk, i was only able to look around me and at everything that was frozen as well.
after all the suggestion i got i checked the log of the crash and sent it to sneaky, and every time while i was crashing it wrote this on the consol:
CClientSteamContext OnSteamServersDisconnected logged on = 0
CClientSteamContext OnSteamServersConnected logged on = 1
Completed demo, recording time 1112.7, game frames 21391.
Shutting down bass module...

what that means is that steam/gmod has lost connection to steam servers or that internet connection is lost.
in that case it was steam/gmod has lost connection to steam servers after 10-20 minutes of being in the server, the problame was solved by reinstalling steam.
in a case of bad internet connection just conntect your provider and ask him to fix it :).
hope it will help you if you incounter this problame. thanks for everyone that helped

Status
Not open for further replies.