Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So lately a lot of people have been crashing. There are multiple reasons apparently but we're going to need some feedback from our fellow players.

Reaction score
Sometime I also crash with this error
a0f6333eae.png

Reaction score
I crash if I press tab to access the tab menu and only when using these commands however it only happens after approximately 1-2 hours of gameplay of the server nor does this happen on any other server. While this isn't crash related I'd also like to mention that when using these commands all clothing turns completely white and its a real shame because it necessary for me to play and not get 10 FPS half of the time. Some additional info is that when I crash it doesn't close out the game or anything it just stops responding then I get the popup almost immediately after.

cl_threaded_bone_setup 1

cl_threaded_client_leaf_system 1

r_threaded_client_shadow_manager 1
r_threaded_particles 1
r_threaded_renderables 1
r_queued_ropes 1

studio_queue_mode 1

gmod_mcore_test 1

Reaction score
I just noticed something, I recently put on the new gmod optimisation commands and then started to crash. However I had them before the update and was fine. I will turn them off and see if I get results but anyhow I am crashing just doing normal thing. I can be standing there doing nothing and get out of memory and once it just closed with no message.

Reaction score
I have noticed that when i crash it tends to be when i use the storage so i take a weapon out then it freezes after this my screen goes black and it sends me to desktop the i need to sue ctrl alt delete and log out and back in this never happened before the update though. before the update the only reason i ever crashed was because of my graphics drivers that needed updating.

Reaction score
It happens to me randomly. Can be playing for 5 hours and no problem. Other times just 20 mins. Causes my screen to freeze and all i can hear is me moving around. Its freezes on the screen i was just on. I can still move around and stuff jut i have to CTRL ALT DELETE to close Gmod.

Reaction score
I've crashed so many times from so many different things. I've crashed from ALT + TABing out and coming back in, I've crashed from a sudden "Out of memory" (<Probably the most common one), crashed from pressing ESC some how and I've crashed from:
a0f6333eae.png

Even though I've deleted ever single addon and demo, verified my cache and reinstalled my game nothing really seems to work. I've got no idea why this suddenly happened after the update but I guess that's up to the developers to figure out.

Reaction score
Sometimes i crash when I talk to the cardealer NPCS. CMDL cache out of memory.
It was a high chance of crashing before but now its pretty low but still, I crash from it.

Reaction score
Crashed 6 times or so today within a few hours because of what @Adrish said, aswell as the "CMDL cache out of memory" stuff.
This just started today for some reason.

Edit: It just crashed without any message.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've crashed many times but all of them are for many different reasons after the update.

The most common one I have been experiencing was the out of memory error, which annoyingly has just occurred now after talking to the car dealer NPC.

On the first day the update was released I crashed while 1 bar off of sending client info, however that seems to have stopped.

Occasionally, my game will just crash and close itself with no error message when crafting for example the other day I was crafting metal, I accidentally clicked Guidelines or something in the other tab and the game just closed itself completely. Also, crash when I press F1 sometimes too.

Reaction score
I personally haven't crashed, the only time it ever happens to me is when I experience this storage/inventory bug and attempt to reconnect to the server with 'retry'. Other than that, no crashes by running out of memory or just by pressing F1.
1E67CA7EA83C08269EA1B2CD953EA98091083CFF

Status
Not open for further replies.