Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So lately a lot of people have been crashing. There are multiple reasons apparently but we're going to need some feedback from our fellow players.

Reaction score
I used to Crash alot and got these messages because the Mac version of GMOD was shit and the emulated one was 32 bit. After I did a bootcamp to Windows I haven't had any crashes and I get over 60 fps cx
[DOUBLEPOST=1468174120,1468171946][/DOUBLEPOST]@Skudist I have an overpriced 4000€ Mac pro. I cba to check the specs but you can go to apple.com to check I think its 2 AMD firepro or something and 16 Gb ram

Reaction score
Yesterday my game gave me the CMDL message but other than that I don't crash that much... I do get a lot of script errors on my trunk though... @Creepis helped me to get my gun out yesterday.

Reaction score
this ight be valuable information, idk.
I never had any issues with crashing, only once on joining but i was doing rendering so ye.
Today i ran my laptop on windowed borderless, and boom. I crashed when i pressed F1.
It gave me: "Awesonium renderer" and "hl2.exe" standard crash messages. This only occoured when i ran in windowed, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Reaction score
I would crash a lot with F1, but more recently I get crashes when tabbing in or out, not to mention whenever I start watching something on the TV, be it my own TV, or if I run past some bored SWAT team in the PD lobby watching a video after I waited twenty minutes for a cop slot.

I also just get the occasional random crashes, driving, running, talking, doing nothing, etc.

Oh, and the occasional crash when talking to car dealer, test drive NPC, etc.

All of my crashes never have a notice thereafter, just, desktop, nothing else, as if I had pressed Alt & F4.

Never mind, recently my crashes have said: CMDLCache Out of Memory

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for all the feedback, we are working on ways that might reduce the F1 crash (and generally make things better laid out). Does anyone that crashes this way also tend to crash when you go to the car dealer or garage to claim a vehicle?

As for anyone with the CMDLCache Out of Memory error, how many add-ons do you have and does anything improve if you disable / uninstall these? Excluding workshop content needed for PH.

Random crashes... I wish I knew at all what might cause this, did this ever happen before the latest update or only after?

Reaction score
I think this thread/situation needs a little more insight, ever since the gun-update I've had on and off crashes. Now it's pretty much everytime I join the server and press F1, mostly when there's more than 20 people on the server. I've verified cache, deleted all addons except for content, deleted demos, pretty much anything I can do. And no my pc specs is not the problem, 13 year olds who got a cyberpowerpc for christmas.

Reaction score
I rarely get any crashes on the server but when I change if I am in full screen or not that sometimes crashes my Garrysmod. But this has nothing to do with the server as it does it on every server!

Status
Not open for further replies.