Cuban Missile Crisis Scenario

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date

Deleted member 1235

Shalom my fellow gamers, I require your talented amazing smart average mediocre tolerable brain cells to help me choose something.

One of the final ever assessments I have at University is a Model UN debate surrounding the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Just like the actual UN, everyone in my class represents a nation and must reach a conclusion to the crisis.

I'm trying to think of a interesting country that I could represent in this debate, as I'm not sure if we get to choose or if they are allocated to us. Obviously the USA and U.S.S.R are the most interesting choices, but we have a big class so I may not get them.

If I have to list 3 or 4 countries to choose from, who do you guys think I should represent? Obviously it will need to be a country and government that existed in 1962, and was preferably involved or vocal about the issue (i.e I don't wana be something like Austria or Denmark (sorry @Imperial Watch ).

Another thing to bear in mind is that whilst the Cuban Missile Crisis is our scenario, the outcome is entirely dependent on us. We don't have to follow the historical route, and could end up with anything such as a international embargo, a proxy war, the soviets winning etc etc. Obviously we can't just launch the nukes as that defeats the purpose of the debate.

Help me epic gamerz

Reaction score
Represent Switzerland who stayed out of the cold war as a neutral party whilst still counting all the Nazi gold they got in WW2

Deleted member 1235

Actually Turkey is a really good idea. One of the Soviet demands irl was for the US to remove their nukes from Turkey if they wanted the Soviet nukes moved from Cuba.

Thing is, I will have to pretend to be a Turk for 2 days. It's quite a commitment :(

Deleted member 1235

I wana get a first in this module, not just getting given 2 marks, one for showing up and another for bringing a nice selection of chocolates and watches to the debate.

Reaction score
Be Italy then, the Soviets also demanded the US remove their nukes from Italy too. So you can have a similar position without being brown. :troll:

Reaction score
I don't wana be something like Austria or Denmark

429-4295934_pepe-pepelicious-by-telegram-messenger-llp-pepe-the.png

In all seriousness tho, it could be cool to take the perspective of a neighbouring country, like Mexico or other central American countries.

Reaction score
Shalom my fellow gamers, I require your talented amazing smart average mediocre tolerable brain cells to help me choose something.

One of the final ever assessments I have at University is a Model UN debate surrounding the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Just like the actual UN, everyone in my class represents a nation and must reach a conclusion to the crisis.

I'm trying to think of a interesting country that I could represent in this debate, as I'm not sure if we get to choose or if they are allocated to us. Obviously the USA and U.S.S.R are the most interesting choices, but we have a big class so I may not get them.

If I have to list 3 or 4 countries to choose from, who do you guys think I should represent? Obviously it will need to be a country and government that existed in 1962, and was preferably involved or vocal about the issue (i.e I don't wana be something like Austria or Denmark (sorry @Imperial Watch ).

Another thing to bear in mind is that whilst the Cuban Missile Crisis is our scenario, the outcome is entirely dependent on us. We don't have to follow the historical route, and could end up with anything such as a international embargo, a proxy war, the soviets winning etc etc. Obviously we can't just launch the nukes as that defeats the purpose of the debate.

Help me epic gamerz
Pick Yugoslavia