Department Reputation

Reaction score
Hello everybody. As you can probably tell I put in for chief of department, and as a result, I think this is a good time to discuss my plans to deal with one of the major issues facing the PLPD, and that's the reputation that the community has given it. Because this encompasses so many smaller issues, I will go over each of them individually and outline my plans. Hopefully this will give you a better idea of what I intend to do in the role.

The appearance and thought of malfeasance/corruption: A lot of people in the community think that there is corruption within the police department. I think the best way for this issue to be handled successfully is if the community knows fully what is going on inside of the police department. The best way to do this is a monthly meeting in the format of the open forum where the public can ask questions. The meeting will be on a set date, decided in the beginning of the month, and will be recorded and have notes taken. This would have the community know what is being worked on and updated on the internal workings.
I personally liked @Collier's idea of having a list of why each officer was/was not promoted because that provides valuable feedback for officers and ensures an actual valid reason. I would also like to introduce a system in which officers can put in for a "re-review" of their promotion cycle if they feel that the reasons for their denial is invalid.
The job descriptions and the reasons for being appointed for each command team member will be disclosed to ensure the public knows the qualifications required for a specific position and how well a person appointed can handle it.

Officer quality control and training: We have patrol and RTU trainers, but it doesn't seem like we use them enough. In order to make a positive change in the quality of officers, trainers would have a 2 OR a week policy to ensure they are proactively seeking out and training officers. This policy would be heavily enforced because it isn't difficult to find an officer who's lacking in skills or just doesn't want to take the job seriously, and that isn't acceptable.

I hope this thread cleared up a few questions and made clear my stance regarding one of the largest issues with the police department. If there are any questions, ask and you'll get an answer.

Reaction score
We have patrol and RTU trainers, but it doesn't seem like we use them enough. In order to make a positive change in the quality of officers, trainers would have a 2 OR a week policy to ensure they are proactively seeking out and training officers.
You're not a trainer so I don't really think you can make a fair judgement on how much trainers are used. Trainers are already responsible for helping out with recruitment which is permanent (RTU), planning and ensuring training sessions are to high standards (Patrol) as well as loads of little random tasks, also considering some trainers aren't even corporal this doesn't make sense.

It seems more logical to implement systems to find underperforming officers and put them through training properly rather than depending on our trainers leaving ORs. Granted introducing an OR Requirement for Corporals and Sergeants worked wonders but I don't believe that this would provide any benefit to anyone by forcing our trainers to have nearly double the requirement.

Reaction score
We have patrol and RTU trainers, but it doesn't seem like we use them enough. In order to make a positive change in the quality of officers, trainers would have a 2 OR a week policy to ensure they are proactively seeking out and training officers.
It is not part of a Training Officer's duties to give out any observation reports, especially since a lot of them don't even have the permissions to do so, think about Senior Officers.

There is also already a minimum observation report requirement for Officers ranked Corporal - Staff Sergeant. If you feel like there is a problem you should make a helpdesk ticket to that Officer's primary command team.

In my opinion a lot of trainers seem to be overworked, I'm not sure about the specifics that go into organising and executing a training session in Patrol but from what I've see it's pretty thorough.

Anyway, as much as I wish you luck and hate to burst your bubble, I'd like to see someone that knows more about the department before trying to take it over and attempt to manage it. Gain some more experience and then have another go if an opportunity arises; even I don't want to go for a position such as this just yet despite quite a lot of experience that I already have.

Reaction score
You're absolutely right, I'm not a trainer. But based off of my observations while in game, it doesn't seem like they are being used as often as they should. I'm aware that what they do is based off IA complaints, but that's why I want to find a solution that makes them more proactive. As for not being able to hand out OR's, I think a possible solution is to either allow trainers to make ORs period, or up the rank to cpl in order to be a trainer.
I would agree that would be a better solution as it stands now, but in my opinion it would be much easier to have officers increase their skills period, instead of underperforming officers. As to how a system like this would be implemented, I think working off IA's may be the best we have right now unless other members of the community can propose some ideas, you can't expect me to come up with all the idea by myself.

Reaction score
Being a trainer is an administrative role, which is why we give them more off server work to do such as recruitment and training. I see no need to start giving more responsibilities ingame

Reaction score
I know it isn't their duties, that's exactly why I would like to expand their responsibilities, and that's why I would also want to make a change in the relationship of OR's and trainers by possibly upping the rank or allowing trainers to make OR's.

Yes there is a minimum observation report requirement for these ranks, and it works just fine. However, this would only apply to trainers. No, I don't think there is a problem, and no I won't make a ticket because there is no need.

No offense to you, but I haven't seen you in game very often, nor in the PLPD shoutbox, I've only seen you assist in the patrol training sessions. If you can tell me exactly what the trainers are doing behind the scenes, I can tweak my plans to not have a negative connotation.

I can understand why you feel this way, but that's why I want to get input from the community as a whole, so what I do with the PD benefits everyone, instead of benefiting at the expense of others to much.

Reaction score
I’m a little concerned as to how quick you’re thinking to add more responsibilities but you haven’t even held a single one of those roles iirc? You are also only a Senior Officer and I do not feel like you have anywhere near enough experience to be considered for a position of this stature; especially when you’re wanting to make changes regarding the workload for different roles when you have no experience in them.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Hello everybody. As you can probably tell I put in for chief of department, and as a result, I think this is a good time to discuss my plans to deal with one of the major issues facing the PLPD, and that's the reputation that the community has given it. Because this encompasses so many smaller issues, I will go over each of them individually and outline my plans. Hopefully this will give you a better idea of what I intend to do in the role.

The appearance and thought of malfeasance/corruption: A lot of people in the community think that there is corruption within the police department. I think the best way for this issue to be handled successfully is if the community knows fully what is going on inside of the police department. The best way to do this is a monthly meeting in the format of the open forum where the public can ask questions. The meeting will be on a set date, decided in the beginning of the month, and will be recorded and have notes taken. This would have the community know what is being worked on and updated on the internal workings.
I personally liked @Collier's idea of having a list of why each officer was/was not promoted because that provides valuable feedback for officers and ensures an actual valid reason. I would also like to introduce a system in which officers can put in for a "re-review" of their promotion cycle if they feel that the reasons for their denial is invalid.
The job descriptions and the reasons for being appointed for each command team member will be disclosed to ensure the public knows the qualifications required for a specific position and how well a person appointed can handle it.

Officer quality control and training: We have patrol and RTU trainers, but it doesn't seem like we use them enough. In order to make a positive change in the quality of officers, trainers would have a 2 OR a week policy to ensure they are proactively seeking out and training officers. This policy would be heavily enforced because it isn't difficult to find an officer who's lacking in skills or just doesn't want to take the job seriously, and that isn't acceptable.

I hope this thread cleared up a few questions and made clear my stance regarding one of the largest issues with the police department. If there are any questions, ask and you'll get an answer.

Why would you apply for Chief for a corrupt PD? Dont you think if promotions are biased the highest rank in the departments promotion will also be biased to? Tiny's coding the website and could easily fix any vote he liked. We're very open to suggestions but publicly displaying sensitive information that can get officers targetted for their wrong doings, or command for their reasonings E.G "Nice written warning buddy"
Not to mention you do not meet the requirements for this rank. Nothing stops you or anyone else from lying in a public forum so I dont know how that will stop "The appearance and thought of malfeasance/corruption: ".

We have Trainers that are SO and cant make OR's. CPL need 3 month and SGT need 5. You excpect these people to give 9 OR's a month. From someone that stated "I dont like patrolling with other officers"

Reaction score
Like I said to nutrient, I completely understand why you think this way, and this is why I am trying to get input from people in these roles. I also want to reiterate that I won't be making these decisions and changes the moment I get chief, hypothetically speaking. I think it would go without saying that it's a good idea to have meetings and talk with these people in these roles to fine tune anything, there's a system in place to make sure these changes can be the best they can be.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
When you get Chief?
ops.meme_.nba_-1024x768.jpg

Reaction score
You must have me confused with somebody else, I've been more active than you're suggesting and you know that for a fact; I have like 20x the amount of hours you have this month. Also, I've only ever assisted in the very first patrol training session as I'm not even in Patrol.

Alongside this, I have been extremely active with my administrative work off server and this is substantiated by the award I received this month. My activity for this month is more than my average activity at the moment anyway so I'm happy with my activity, despite it not being in the hundreds.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
If you got Chief and set this requirement. i'd resign, GamingPeach and bojing probably would to, as well as every other Patrol trainer. There would then be no training sessions, no spreadsheets, no training submission form for supervisors, no trainer performance sheet ect. But yeah, all the best.

Reaction score
I don't think the PD is corrupt, I said that people think the PD is corrupt, if you're misinterpreting me saying "the appearance of corruption in the pd" as me saying "the pd is corrupt", you can ask collier the exact same question. I'm not sure what you're refering to when you say vote, do you mean discussions of changes? I'd assume you'd know that in that list it would say "ineligible due to active disciplinary action" or something along those lines to prevent anyone from finding out what they got and the reasoning?
I'm also not sure why you think I don't meet the requirements not only for this rank, but for any rank.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
I also don't see the logic in how a non-trainer would know more than someone that is both about his roles and responsibilities.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Who are these people? name them. I think you are lying. Does being dishonest mean you are corrupt?

Reaction score
What requirements do I not meet? I'm not going to name names just to, but you're not stupid, i'm sure you remember the countless threads and arguments in shoutbox.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
- Have a clean department record, with no serious punishment within the last 6 months.