[discussion] Allowing the Mayor to be corrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: Section 4.0 of rules.
Your version of the rule:

All government employees must follow the entirety of the law except the Mayor but only in "realistic circumstances"* and must not severely affect another parties' roleplay experience or be in any violation of basic role play conduct.

*such as operating drug operations within organisations, or deleting important emails that might expose their presidential candidate.
Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:
I believe this rule should be edited to allow those who choose to be mayor to be corrupt which may increase role play experiences to those who are cops or not. I believe that any corruption must be done realistically, and as discretely as possible. This would prevent the Mayor's gang or whatever organisation he's affiliated with from growing drugs within the City Hall or murdering someone within the hall.

It would also prevent the Mayor from broadcasting openly "Hey, I'm corrupt and I'm growing drugs within the CH! Try to stop me!!".
It would also encourage @plpdtyla to launch a NCA operation against the mayor with "undercover officers".

This is a discussion thread, so please do the right thing by discussing this idea. Please give me constructive feedback by utilising the comment or posting below rather than rating this post dumb.

Reaction score
+SUPPORT Really good idea. In real life we also have corrupt politicians. But what about the SS? Will they be allowed to shoot people for the org that the mayor is from?Or when the mayor is about to get arrested. Are the SS allowed to start shooting the cops?

Keep on working on this idea! a big support from me

Reaction score

I highly agree with this sort of role-play being encouraged within the mayoral office.

Let me give an example of what could happen:

>mayor gets elected
>an organisation he is in lets him know they're going to attempt a bank robbery
>mayor makes an effort to deplete the city funds so org can still make a high profit but he can also make an excuse for lowering the officer jobs
>makes it easier for org to rob bank
>mayor gets a cut and gets away with it scot free
>everybody wins (except the government the mayor is within)

Now, imagine that but on a grander scale of the server. Yeah, this could definetly open some well made and thoughtout role play within the criminal underworld of Paralake.​

Reaction score
So basically this will allow the mayor to grow drugs, not informing LEOs about crimes, having people kill others that threatened him etc? No thanks, I would not like to see 90% of the players going corrupt while being a mayor.

increase role play experiences to those who are cops or not.
How would that happen anyway?

In real life we also have corrupt LEOs but this is not a reason for anything as it would suck if corrupt LEOs were allowed in game.

This is Perp, we have the ability to respawn and spend 1 year in jail within a minute, people will do dangerous and silly stuff when they are bored. They do not have anything to lose if they get arrested or die when being a mayor so everyone will do it.
Also what about SS? What will they be able to do as they need to follow the law AND ensure that the mayor is safe.

I understand that "deleting important emails that might expose their presidential candidate" would be nice to RP on but being able to hang with your illegal org would be just silly and stupid.

Reaction score
Well I think the rule should be removed so mayor can be corrupt, if this happens the officers can arrest the mayor for breaking the law of misconduct in a public office. This improves roleplay and doesn't need to be solved with warnings, people want to have fun, let them have it.

Reaction score
I do love the ideas of giving government officials the choice to be corrupt. The bad thing is that it is very hard to balance out. It can very easily go from serious RP to straight up chaos where nobody does their job because they don't have to follow the laws. I would think it would be suitable with some sort of "IC blacklist" where it wouldn't affect people OOC, but they wouldn't be allowed to play as a mayor again for a given amount of time if they get caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.