Mayoral Dictatorship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: *.* Mayoral Dicatorship: Players must not use their time as mayor to intentionally make the city angry (max taxes and low jobs or other situation subject to an administrator's discretion) without a valid RP reason

Your version of the rule: ^

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: Currently, we are starting to see less and less mayors who actually try to do good for the city, most of them just do their best to destroy it. (@Galle) This is highly unrealistic and just ruins the experience for everyone else on the server as they don't get paid, have to pay 2x the price of everything, and can't get a job. A rule should be added limiting the ability for a mayor to do this. Keep in mind, this rule would be a "no dictatorship" thing. This would include, increasing taxes for threats/complaints, lowering jobs because people are wanting more, only paying SS well, etc. Protocols should be in place regulating mayoral authority/realistic action. It would improve the experience vastly for all 69 players on at peak hour when a dictator *cough @Galle cough* is mayor.

Additional Comment

When you rate this post dumb, please post a valid reason why, unless it has already been said.

Reaction score
There are laws in place to make sure the mayor doesn't abuse his powers, not needed IMO, also:
Never+more+relevant+_86e8fff0b31d83e56e268ee1415a173d.jpg

-Support

Reaction score
May aswell make rdm allowed while you are at it.

Cops can enforce the laws and as long as the mayor does not break any rules while in officer I don't see a reason for this to be made a rule.

-Support

Last edited:
Reaction score
The whole reason the laws around misconduct in a public office etc exist is because it allows for this to be dealt with in an in character way, preserving roleplay.

Getting fat fingered staff involved is generally a bad idea.

Any officer can enforce those laws.

Reaction score
4.1 states mayor's must follow the law. Law 4.4 states the mayor must act honestly and all his actions must be in the best interests of the city. Therefore maxing the taxes and minimising the jobs when you have city funds is against the rules already.

Reaction score
Eeey my tactics works alright when i get elected and the city funds are at 15k ill max all taxes then i'll lower them when the city funds are above 100k it does take time for all the taxes to go back to 0 But it works because it's better to actually get paid instead of having the message "The city did not have enough funds to pay you" And i admit it might come a bit harsh when the taxes are at it's highest and i could take the job more serious but it eventually comes to a good end which makes my happy

Reaction score
Very clearly unwanted, so whenever someone gets around to it you can close and move this

Status
Not open for further replies.