Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 6228

Appealing for: Ban
Appeal type: Dispute
Which staff member banned you: Flugs

Your Steam Name: Inchs
Your In-game Name: Terry Davis
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16179036

Why were you banned?: 1.4 - User took items from a planter that was being used as decoration for passive RP after being told not to and refused to return the items
Why do you feel the ban's invalid?: Users had broken 3.4 and 3.23 by placing drugs in an invalid location and by growing them in public. When I took the drugs, I was punished for something that isn't against the rules (IE taking drugs from a location deemed invalid by 3.23) yet when I made a report about them they do not get punished.
It was deemed 'allowed' by staff to blatantly break 3.4 and 3.23 but I get punished for the staff not evenly enforcing the rules for the same for everyone. They are allowed to break the rule and I got punished for that.

Completely uncalled for when staff are allowed to choose when and when not to enforce the rules.
I understand I should have dropped the drugs but I did not break any rules to warrant having to drop those drugs to begin with.

Additional Comment(s):
Evidence (Required for all server bans):

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Involved, it were my plants growing. I also see you calling me out for certain rules.

I had asked @Collier 2 hours prior when I was setting up everything if it was allowed to put some hemp plants together with my hookah shop. He found it to be a cool decoration factor and did mention any rules being broken. @flugs told me personally it was allowed too by him and the rest of the staff as long as I did not harvest said drugs. As soon as they reached maximum size I asked him to pause them for me so I could have them up as long as I wanted. I had them paused at 100% for around 2 hours as I am now a reformed passive role player and I was trying to have some immersion in my role play and a specialty factor about my shop to draw more attention. I tried to make them minge proof but unfortunately not proof enough.

Besides that, I quite don't frankly don't understand what it was about my shop that made you so desperate in picking my 10 cannabis growing in 2 basic planter boxes.. Everything in my shop was indicating that I was only there to role play a hookah shop with some tobacco plants growing on site and under no circumstances was there any demonstration of me actively growing drugs nor any reason for you to believe I was.

Deleted member 6228

I made the dispute for the pure fact that you shouldn't just be able to break 3.4 and 3.23 because someone said so, it's unfair on the rest of the player base.
Admittedly I did refuse to drop the drugs but only under the fact I haven't broken any rules, but you infact, are the one that broke rules.

Reaction score
If you look at the rules in black and white, then I indeed broke 3.4 and 3.23

However, it is clearly stated in the rules that they are there as a guidance for the players in order to stimulate a realistic environment where everyone has an equal and fair chance. At the end of the day it is up to the staff team to deem certain actions a breakage of rules or not. Considering I communicated my intend with the staff team to make it clear what my role play incentive was and was given green light by multiple members of the staff team including collier, I don't see myself breaking these rules.

Deleted member 6228

@JARRE Placing drugs in public, when drugs are prohibited via Paralake law, is not very realistic. You wouldn't go out onto the streets right now and place a marijuana plant in your front garden, only for when the police arrive to claim its 'for decoration'?

Reaction score
The reason me, @Super_ and @Collier allowed it was on the basis that @JARRE used the planters for strictly decorative purposes and that he (or anyone else) did not harvest the drugs. He was not making any profit from the drugs and they were simply for decoration as there are no decorative props like that. I made it clear to him and the people around that anyone who harvested the drugs would be in trouble. I can understand why you believe it is against the rules and had he at any point harvested the drugs then I would have put a stop to it and he knew that. It wasn't affecting anybody and whilst yes it was technically not allowed, an exception was made for this instance.

I told you on the F6 multiple times why we allowed it and when I told you they were paused on 100% you got boosted up and harvested them. When me and Super both told you multiple times to give back the drugs, you just refused and kept arguing your case. We then discussed and issued a ban because of that.

Deleted member 6228

I did not break any rules in harvesting the drugs, as a staff member you cannot just pick and choose when to enforce the rules and when not too.
It doesn't matter if it's not 'affecting' anybody, it's obviously breaking 3.4 and 3.23 and you even agreed with me in the sit and via steam that it broke rules, but was allowed anyway.

It's a complete break in integrity and fairness to just decide not to enforce certain rules because staff feel like it.

Reaction score
It wasn't because we felt like it, it was because literally the only benefit from it all was roleplay. He made absolutely no profit from it and if anything lost money, it was simply for decoration. I told you not to harvest the drugs, you did it. Then I told you to drop the drugs, you didn't.

As for agreeing with you, I partially agreed that having drugs up there was 3.23 but as I've said the exception was made because he wasn't gaining from it.

Deleted member 6228

@flugs And drugs are illegal via Paralake law, breaking law in front of cops is 3.4.
So you are allowed to control how the law works as well by stopping cops from dealing with the situation? How is this fair? The rules and laws are in place for a reason and you just attempt to subvert them for a bit of 'rp' when the store they had going worked just fine without them there.

Reaction score
@Inchs it wasn't being classified as drugs and was simply a decorative plant. Tobacco if you like. The shop worked fine without it, sure, but it also worked fine with it and we simply decided it was allowed to be grown as decoration and did not have any effect on RP and the server lacks decorative props.

I won't argue this further now.

Deleted member 6228

@flugs Then they can go make a suggestion for decorative props?
Until then you should be enforcing the rules evenly and fairly.

Reaction score
Denied

As explained by the staff who told you not to take the drugs, it was being used as a passive RP decoration (plants). This was allowed as the drugs were not grown with the intention for them to be harvested, and this was simply done for passive RP which even yourself had an issue with the lack of, prior to your resignation.
The player was allowed by various staff members as it was a chance for a good roleplay experience for once. This should be encouraged, not ruined with the intention of "taking a stand" when you got the punishment you knew you were going to receive.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Reviewed with @Bolli.

Status
Not open for further replies.