DNR's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: {DNR]

Short explanation (in notes):
The ability for law abiding citizens to have a {DNR}

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):

A do not resuscitate (DNR) order is another kind of advance directive. A DNR is a request not to have cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) if your heart stops or if you stop breathing. Unless given other instructions, hospital staff will try to help any patient whose heart has stopped or who has stopped breathing. You can use an advance directive form or tell your doctor that you don't want to be resuscitated. Your doctor will put the DNR order in your medical chart. Doctors and hospitals in all states accept DNR orders.
This can add more RP as some citizens don't want to be Revived

Optional additions:
This does not apply to handcuffed people or people shot by the police

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure DNR's are discarded in a pre-hospital care setting because quite often there's not one in place and by the time the situation has been clarified the patient is dead anyway, if you can even set them before permanent hospitalisation that is.
Also in the UK the patient has to have capacity to deny consent, which i'm pretty sure half of the server doesn't have..

To me it sounds like you're sick of being arrested after being revived because you shot some cops.

Reaction score
No, just no. You tried to use this against me earlier when you died due to bleeding after I shot you as cop once because you hit me and ran off. After being revived you then said "DNR, you disregarded a direct order, I wanted to die" This won't add any RP what so ever because people will request to die it will be used as an easy way out to escape the police. As Chrissy said it sounds like you're sick of being arrested after being revived.

Reaction score
Considering the implications of this idea I am going to deny this as it more or less goes against rules we have in place already about the need to stay alive if possible. Simply refusing care or revival is in clear violation of this as it is known you will simply respawn again, so it is simply failRP to allow people to go uncared for (that sounded dramatic).

Status
Not open for further replies.