Do you like the snow in the server?

I'm not saying we should remove it, but I want to know your opinion about it.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trande

Destershot said:
The snow is useless, it doens't add anything to the game. The fog is better actually, the fog really adds something to the game, you really have to watch out how and where you drive/walk. I rather have more fog then snow.

Because of the lag I would like to get the snow deleted. Of course it adds some realism to the game, but we would like to keep some smooth gameplay too..

Then you have the fog: The fog can get reduced indeed, but not deleted. I would like to have the fog to be less rare and at one time a bit foggy and another time heavily foggy.
The fog doesn't make certain people "watch out". They just keep drving like shit, and cdm people.
But yeah, the fog should stay, but maybe not THAT extreme like at the moment.

Reaction score
Destershot;n25611 said:
The snow is useless, it doens't add anything to the game. The fog is better actually, the fog really adds something to the game, you really have to watch out how and where you drive/walk. I rather have more fog then snow.

Because of the lag I would like to get the snow deleted. Of course it adds some realism to the game, but we would like to keep some smooth gameplay too..

Then you have the fog: The fog can get reduced indeed, but not deleted. I would like to have the fog to be less rare and at one time a bit foggy and another time heavily foggy.

I see nothing wrong with the snow. Why is it useless? It happens irl. If you want weather to affect something, make a suggestion.

Reaction score
SenlinGames said:
Destershot;n25611 said:

I see nothing wrong with the snow. Why is it useless? It happens irl. If you want weather to affect something, make a suggestion.
There already is a suggestion, and for the most part it is unfeasible of what they are looking for, and if anything would drag down FPS further.

Reaction score
SenlinGames said:
Destershot;n25611 said:

What I meant is that the snow doesn't add something 'special' to the game like the fog does. Snow only affect the game in a bad way, like it produces lag spikes.

Reaction score
All I want is the snow to land on the ground and make the map snowy like in Evocity, however I am not sure if that is coded in yet, is it?

Reaction score
Snow lags the server, although how realistic it makes the hole game. Seems to me that player performance is key for the players.

Reaction score
Fexxe;n22603 said:
The snow makes my good PC lag for odd reasons, guess its garry's mod that gets bottle necked. It also looks pretty bad, more like nuclear fallout than anything else.
Also the fog effect is WAY too dense, you can't see 5 meters in front of you. Increase the view distance during the fog, and it might be cool, and change the color from brown to white or grey.

Can only agree.

NSS

Reaction score
we need tornado's!

RacingCamel.jpg

Ayjay

Reaction score
I totally agree that the snow is too frequent, couldn't we have both.. but snow less frequent than snow. Snow is sometimes laggy, depending on what graphics card you have; but rain seems to be less aggressive on budget-pcs.

Reaction score
Snow is bad it makes so much lag and if you have snow and fire/smoke at the same time its unplayable

Status
Not open for further replies.