Server Suggestion Remove falling snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Remove falling snow
Suggestion Description: Recently with the new December update, it has made snow appear on the floor, along with this appear falling from the sky. It looks good but it completely ruins FPS

Why should this be added?:
- To increase the overall FPS and performance of the server as before this update FPS was completely fine

What negatives could this have?:
- Ruining players "immersion"
- Maybe it isnt the falling snow?

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Would overall increase the FPS of ALL players of the server as I know quite a few people struggle to play with high players even before snow was added, let alone now

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems from my experience that the snow has the most impact on performance at Bazaar, where things are already quite intense. If this is the case, perhaps just disabling the particle when at bazaar and surrounding area would be a decent compromise.

Reaction score
Are we positive it’s the snow and not the fucking 500 fully animated Xmas trees slowly growing placed On every inch of ground capable of sustaining life? I feel like the Xmas trees are contributing to more of an issue in that regard.

Reaction score
Are we positive it’s the snow and not the fucking 500 fully animated Xmas trees slowly growing placed On every inch of ground capable of sustaining life? I feel like the Xmas trees are contributing to more of an issue in that regard.
I assume this has a large effect as well, I feel like it would be near impossible for them to fix it though as the whole point of the update is to grow as much as you can with them

Reaction score
Perhaps have the snow be on when there is less than a specific amount of players online, and have it be off when there is more than this amount of players online.

Reaction score
This morning it was snowing (around 11am GMT) and no lag, player count was lower and not as many trees, So I guess a bit of both. However I guess the snow falling down isn't too bad as when there's a big fire nobody seems to have lag from that either so I personally doubt its the snow.

I mean there's 2 options to test it :
> To disable snow for 48 hours

> To disable Christmas trees for 48 hours

See what causes it.

GP

Reaction score
I think adding an option to disable or lower, like other visual effects, could be a good thing if it actually is detrimental to your experience
But I'd first like to test if it's the snow or the trees

Status
Not open for further replies.