Server Suggestion Drug balancing needs another look

Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Suggestion Title: Drug balancing needs another look
Suggestion Description: I think drug balancing needs another look after the recent update. Meth and the newer drugs involve a lot more work, but honestly, the extra money doesn’t always feel worth the hassle.

Why should this be added?:
A lot of people still stick to weed and coke, and I get why. Weed and coca keep sitting at 0.75 on the Dark Web, while ephedra and opium stay much higher.

The patch notes confirm that these yields depend on how much each crop is being grown across the server. So we can see that ephedra and opium are being grown less, even with their extra yield.

I’ve been gathering stats myself, counting harvests and batch yields, timing the different stages and checking ingredient costs. I used ChatGPT to help work out estimated money per hour from those numbers.

For one premium player, two full planters and one table, growing your own ingredients:

Weed: $72k an hour
Cocaine: $73k an hour
Crack: $99k an hour
Meth: $101k an hour
Morphine: $62k an hour
Heroin: $137k an hour

These are very, very rough estimates. Some of the research I gave ChatGPT comes from small samples or is incomplete, so it may not be enough to accurately calculate hourly income. Take these numbers as a rough guide. Chemicals and paper are deducted, but fuel, seeds, tax, rent and handling delays are excluded.

Heroin obviously pays more, but reaching that rate involves around 44 minutes of cooking per hour, plus filtering and swapping equipment. Meth needs around 25 minutes of watched cooking, and now you also have to grow and dry ephedra instead of buying ephedrine.

Meanwhile, weed and coke leave you much more time to do other things. I think that difference in effort needs to be rewarded better, through higher finished yields or sale prices.

What negatives could this have?:
- Too big of a buff could put too much money into the economy, so changes would need testing.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Make the longer drug chains feel worth doing and give people more reason to use the new drugs.
 
Fredy said they are buffing meth.
I think most people will agree that some changes are obviously needed.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top