Server Suggestion Food, cooking and drugs expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea:
Expanding food and drugs.

Since V5 is going to have a diner, it’s only fair that we expand food to cater for it.

Let me begin by stating the following disclaimers regarding the “drugs expansion”:
The idea of the drugs expansion aspect of this suggestion will not effect making more money from DD, rather you make them more appealing to resell to other players. This technically does mean “dRuGs bUfF” but not in the easy sense of selling it to the drug dealer, more in the sense of dealing to other players, which is completely fine in my opinion as it encourages roleplay if you’re dealing to other players. The only drugs being added here are derivatives of cannabis and magic mushrooms, creating “edibles”. Edibles shouldnt be a practical method of selling to the DD.

Step 1: adding more food materials:
The following materials should be added in order to cater for this update:
- Cocoa Powder
- Yeast
- Cream (iirc model exists for this)
- flour
- Grains
- Various vegetables
- Cheese
- Sauces
- Baking tray
- Eggs
- vinegar
- Frying pan (could double as a weapon for TF2 players like @Super_ )
- Lard
- Butter
- Oil
- Potato
- Gelatine
- Wine
- Flavouring
- Dehydrated fruit
- meats (models for meats and packaging already exist in the content)
- Soup / boiling pot.

The following existing items will cater for this update:
- Sucrose powder (since it’s refined cane sugar)
- Weed
- salt
- Water bottles
- Milk
- starch
- Lactose powder
- Stove
- Pyrex Dish
- Baking powder

Pressing E on a stove should open a UI allowing you to add a Pyrex dish or baking tray inside the stove in order to add ingredients. The grill on top should also be usable.

Cooking should split into 2 categories depending on what they are:
- Variable Yield:
Similar to how meth and coke works, the quality of your ingredients should affect how much of the finished product you receive.
- Fixed yield:
Cooking this item will give you one of the item.

In Cooking for some recipes, 3 different ingredient types for variable recipes will come into play:
Compulsory ingredients:
The recipe requires these to make the ingredients.
Optional ingredients:
You may add up to 2 optional ingredients to each mix. If the optional ingredient is a drug, you may not add any more optional ingredients
Bad ingredients:
Adding these will reduce yield or destroy the product.

The following ingredients will have The following subcategories for cooking (this won’t affect their existing categories, milk will still be a drink, etc. New items should be categorised as chemicals)

Main ingredients: Cocoa powder, vegetables, meats, Grains, cheese, etc.
Milk source: Milk, Cream, Lactose powder
Rising agent: Yeast, Baking powder, flour
Cooking oil: Butter, Lard, Vegetable oil.
Other ingredients:, water, starch, egg.
Seasoning: Salt, Spices, pumpkin spice.

The following food / drugs items should be craftable with the following recipes:

- Brownies (food and drug)
Variable output product. (5-10 finished product)
Cooked in oven part of stove (baked)
Cook time: 3 minutes.
Required ingredients:
Cocoa Powder
Milk source
Binder
Rising agent

Optional ingredients:
Weed (creates narcotic brownies, which get your character high, reduces yield to 2-4)
Egg (more yield, cannot be used alongside weed)

Pizza:
Variable product with a per slice output (3-7 output depending on materials / luck)
Cooked in oven part of stove. (Baked)
Ingredients:
Yeast
Sauce
Cheese
Optional ingredients:
Vegetables (increases yield).

Omelette:
Fixed output product
Cooked on grill with frying pan
Ingredients:
Egg
Vegetables
Milk
Cheese.

Scrambled egg:
Variable output product (2-5 finished product)
Cooked on grill with frying pan
Ingredients:
Egg
dairy source
Salt
Oil source.
Optional ingredients:
seasoning (increases yield slightly)

French fries:
Variable output product (3-5 finished product per batch) Fried in a pan.
Ingredients:
Potato
Salt
Oil
Optional:
None.

Large / British style chips:
Variable output product (3/5 finished product per batch) fried in a pan.
Ingredients:
2x potatoes
2x oil
Salt.
No optional ingredients.

Battered fish:
Fixed output product. ”fried” in a pan
Ingredients:
Raw cod.
Flour
Egg
Oil

Spag Bol (spaghetti)
Variable output product (2/6 finished product per batch)
Cooked in a pot.
Ingredients:
Pasta dough
Sauce
Water bottle.
Optional ingredients:
Vegetables (increases yield by 1)
Beef (increases yield by 2)
Seasoning (increases minimum to 3)

Gummy bear:
Variable output product. (4-8 finished product)
Cooked in a pot for 2 minutes.
Ingredients:
Gelatine
Flavouring (dehydrated fruit powder or flavouring only, Cocoa and seasoning won’t work here)
Sucrose powder
Optional ingredients:
Weed (turns the gummy bear green and makes it a drug, reduces output to 2-4)

Cooked fish:
These items already exist.
Cooked for 1 minute on the grill.
The finished product will depend on what fish you use.
Ingredients:
Fish
Salt
Oil.

”Disasterpiece” or burnt / spoiled food
Single output product.
Cooked in anything.
The result of you adding random ingredients to a Cooking product, or overcooking it.
Eatimg this will cure no hunger and make you sick.

Why should this be added? (pros):
Encouraging passive roleplay whilst simultaneously catering to more underworld RP too.
A skill players can invest time into developing to learn the best recipes for variable food items
More food so businesses can focus on selling unique products.
Gordon Ramsay RP (very fun, perfect for content creators to do videos from)

What negatives could this have? (cons):
- Development work for an aspect of the server people might complain about because it doesn’t involve KOSing cops slums 3.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In all honesty, this idea would create tons more roleplaying opportunities for people. Maybe an addition would be to allow the coffee shop to be purchased from bank to operate a (passive rp) business.

Reaction score
  • Staff
In all honesty, this idea would create tons more roleplaying opportunities for people. Maybe an addition would be to allow the coffee shop to be purchased from bank to operate a (passive rp) business.
Dutch Coffee shop RP with the weed brownies @THE SPOOK #BringItBack

Reaction score
- Frying pan (could double as a weapon for TF2 players like @Super_ )
just for this alone i would say yes

but this is actually a good idea, would open up a lot of possibilities for players to build street market take-aways and add a new side to the gamemode

we also need a Tesco driver for all the ingredients, i am the perfect guy for this @FatGeorge

edit: I also am quite sure @Xquality made models for this in 2019 or something? I remember watching a stream for it, he made donuts and called them Carter's Donuts. he also made pizzas etc

Reaction score
yes I want to be able to consume dunkin doughnuts on the highway breakdown zone next to a police crown vic

Reaction score
YES PLEASE.

Its so disappointing that the only food you can cook on a roleplay server is some fish, like I'm sure some people would like to open a restaurant but all you can do is go buy burgers and other food at fredys and resell it for less money for roleplay

Reaction score
Massive +1 once again, this ties perfectly to another suggestion of mine, both these should be thoroughly looked into... Soon.

Reaction score
This aged like milk
The idea of the drugs expansion aspect of this suggestion will not effect making more money from DD, rather you make them more appealing to resell to other players. This technically does mean “dRuGs bUfF” but not in the easy sense of selling it to the drug dealer, more in the sense of dealing to other players, which is completely fine in my opinion as it encourages roleplay if you’re dealing to other players. The only drugs being added here are derivatives of cannabis and magic mushrooms, creating “edibles”. Edibles shouldnt be a practical method of selling to the DD.
This is actually great. The only problem is whether the edibles are cooked on a chemical table or on a proper stove. If so I’d suggest the stove used for cooking is remade so that it uses up fuel to balance out the money making opportunity from the edibles / normal cooking it can be used for.

Reaction score
Food, drink (especially coffee) crafting is something I personally think this server really lacks especially with how much fun the RP would be.
I'm not really that into PVP, I prefer to come up with unique store ideas to help inhance the passive/general RP side of things, and always think of how cool it would be to focus on a certain type of food/drink and build a brand around that, such as how those do for their firearm etc crafting.

We've already seen some unique builds and RPs with the food we already have (burger, hotdog stands, bars etc.) and would be so excited if more options, especially to craft and cook, which would finally land me at my dream of creating a coffee/roasting business as the main part of my time on the server.

100% behind this as long as its intricate enough.

Reaction score
This aged like milk

This is actually great. The only problem is whether the edibles are cooked on a chemical table or on a proper stove. If so I’d suggest the stove used for cooking is remade so that it uses up fuel to balance out the money making opportunity from the edibles / normal cooking it can be used for.
Brownie edibles would just be brownies with weed added and would be cooked the same way as such. Another plus would be that you could probably sell them in a shop without garnering too much attention.

Food, drink (especially coffee) crafting is something I personally think this server really lacks especially with how much fun the RP would be.
I'm not really that into PVP, I prefer to come up with unique store ideas to help inhance the passive/general RP side of things, and always think of how cool it would be to focus on a certain type of food/drink and build a brand around that, such as how those do for their firearm etc crafting.

We've already seen some unique builds and RPs with the food we already have (burger, hotdog stands, bars etc.) and would be so excited if more options, especially to craft and cook, which would finally land me at my dream of creating a coffee/roasting business as the main part of my time on the server.

100% behind this as long as its intricate enough.
This, unfortunately such a system would require buffs with food for it to be viable, fortunately I feel as though I covered everything as making this a functioning system.

Reaction score
This aged like milk

Tell me about it... Every time I asked for it to be reviewed, the comment post was deleted, I was politely given an official warning on my record for thread bumping and essentially told to fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.