[DS] Emergency Medical Services Department - Division Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
nA21Zy0.jpg

EMS Department - Ideas & Suggestions

Discussion Post:
The discussion post can be found here.

Main Idea: The main idea of this suggestion is to add another division within Paralake, known as the EMS division.

Full description of the idea: The full description of the idea is to add a new division the the City of Paralake. The idea is to add a EMS division that consists of whitelisted paramedics. There will be different ranks that the whitelisted EMS Employees will have, which are listed in the other additions section. It will contain an application process which any regular EMS Employee can apply for a whitelisted rank within the EMS Department. This could also make the EMS Department enrollment higher, with whitelisted, trained technicians.

Why should it be added?: This division should be added, because it can improve role-play with the EMS Department, and the way they act and perform their duties. This should be added because it will organize things, as well as make sure others get the medical technician needed. This will make EMS Department members more professional with their duties, as well as them being supervised whilst on duty as a EMS Technician. It should be added, because it can make a lot of changes within the City, to improving the responsive time, as well as the knowledge of being a paramedic, making sure experienced are most dependent on.

Pros:
[+] Paralake gets better Paramedics, with proper training.
[+] More organized division than it already is.
[+] May contribute to the PUBLIC.

Cons:
[-] There are no cons to be listed.

*Other additions:
The Ranks for the Department that could be added are listed below in Order, as they have been found from the USA.
  • Probationary Care Provider (PCP) (Starting Rank) (Regular EMS)
  • Emergency Care Provider (ECP)
  • Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
  • Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
  • Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT)
  • Paramedic (Highest Rank)
  • Chief of EMS Department (COD) (Highest Paramedic Commanding Rank)
  • (Applied Rank) ECP Training Officer
Here is a list with less ranks that can be used.
  • Senior Medical Technician (SMT) (First Whitelisted Rank)
  • Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) (Second Whitelisted Rank)
  • Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) (Third Whitelisted Rank)
  • Paramedic (Fourth Whitelisted Rank)
  • Chief of EMS Department (Highest Commanding Rank)
There can also be a SMT Training Officer rank for medical training purposes.
TeamSpeak Icons can be developed if needed.

The commanding/highest commanding EMS Officer/Employee can be determined. If anything, @Captain is willing to take the EMS Department position, if needed; other than that anyone that has the skills and training to do so can take on this role.

BN6nOff.jpg

This desired tag listed above can be assigned to whitelisted individuals within the EMS Department. There can also be another tag for a high commanding rank, such as Chief of EMS Department.

nA21Zy0.jpg

This desired badge listed above can be assigned to the clothing of whitelisted Paramedics, or original Care Providers. This can always be tweaked, or changed to fit the department in full interest.

There are currently no other images to be listed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
But why?

The police department has a reason for their ranks.
Senior gets a new car.
Corporal gets a remignton.
Sergeants gets supervisor status and a new car.
Lieutenants gets Warrant system.
Captais are.. Well.. Division leaders most of the time.
All the ranks have more authority over the previous.

But simply why is ranks needed in the EMS path? What does the higher ranked medics get? The only thing that it would do is it would create authority for higher ranked, and when the max medic slots are 4...
A Few ranks, why not. But 7 ranks to a medical service? That's nearly as many as the police department have and I don't see it needed. Why waste resources on a medic service that can be controlled by a Sergeant+ or the Dispatcher or if neither present, just an officer.

"Paralake gets better Paramedics, with proper training."
What? Medic is literally using your defibs to revive, medic kit to heal and DNA tool to get DNA. It's not that hard. Anyone could learn that from a short guide.

"More organized division than it already is."
True but why? Why does it need to be as organized as the police department? It's a medical service that responds to calls about Healing and reviving. The police have a much bigger responsibility area which is why the police division was made. To control that.

"May contribute to the PUBLIC."
How exactly?

I Would not have anything against getting a "Senior Medic" or something like that but 7 ranks to the hospital? No.
I Do not support the idea as of now.

(However @Rogue Car Tyres could claim his spot as best medic again then)

Reaction score
I don't think this would be necessary.
As a police officer you need to know the laws, when to gp, what to do in different situations, etc. As a medic it's just going to where they call you and heal.

Reaction score
For one, already suggested before won't see he light of day until PD is finished. For two I would probably have a system of physicians as well with this as the higher ranks (kinds of like supervisors) as in real medical systems that's how it works. Emts get people to the hospital and deal with a situation enough to get it to someone more trained. In reality they often have the same training as a nurse.

Reaction score
I wish the medics could put DNA results into a log where the officers can scroll trough them. When I'm a medic i call the names over gov radio but almost always get ignored so they end up getting away with murder.

Reaction score
While I must say, I do love the enthusiasm about the EMS side of Perpheads, I, and others, have already discussed and suggested this idea before. You can actually find my discussion link here. Unfortunately, I later messaged Fredy in order to see if there was any next step we could take and was informed they had already begun work on it regardless and have a pretty general idea of what they are going to do with it. If you'd like to read the message for yourself, I'll attach it below.
Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 9.21.58 PM.png

Reaction score
I agree with the idea of @KeiwaM . There is no need for so many ranks. If there are most of the time 2 medics in service. With a maximum of 4. You could add a senior medic. And give him a faster first responder or something like that. Maybe change his unifrom a bit. But lets keep it to that.
[DOUBLEPOST=1481108948,1481094699][/DOUBLEPOST]Are you gonna need to aply for a rank up. Or is it bound to your rank you have inside the PD.
For example. I am a cprl in the PD would that make me a Emergency Medical Responder. Or do I have to strart from the beginning and become a Senior Medic first.
And who is in charge during a raid. Me as a CPRL or the Chief of EMS departement.
You are gonna need to things like that. Because it will be verry anoying if we have medics that are commanding there selfs during a police raid.

Reaction score
Are you gonna need to aply for a rank up. Or is it bound to your rank you have inside the PD.
For example. I am a cprl in the PD would that make me a Emergency Medical Responder. Or do I have to strart from the beginning and become a Senior Medic first.
And who is in charge during a raid. Me as a CPRL or the Chief of EMS departement.
You are gonna need to things like that. Because it will be verry anoying if we have medics that are commanding there selfs during a police raid.

Most likely it would be the same ranking system within the Police Department, or at least the way the Police Department works with ranks, for instance, Promotions. You would receive a promotion on the performance of your duties, as stated the medic job is supposed to be updated soon. In some cases, or in most; you would have to start of as a beginner paramedic unless you have previous experience with medical professions. During a raid, of course you would be in charge of the Police Department (if you are the highest commanding officer on scene/on duty), and the Paramedics. The Chief of EMS Department is only the supervisor/high commanding employee of the paramedics. There would not be paramedics that are commanding themselves during a Police Raid, that why I suggested the ranking system so we have more experienced medics, as well as people that can handle situations and are told what they can and can not do. All of the paramedics if this is updated, that are not performing their duties correctly, and are whitelisted employees can be reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.