Police Suggestion Dynamic warrant system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:
Adding a more dynamic warrant system, allowing for actual properties to receive warrants instead of just the owner.

The system should allow you to warrant specific properties with search warrants. Search warrants:
- Will be closeable by any officer ranked senior +. Upon an officer removing a search warrant, the officer will automatically say "I have removed the search warrant from (Property name) For (reason). This will log the removal of the warrant and its reasoning so if anyone abuses this function, it will be logged and appropriate action may be taken.
- Will automatically expire 3 hours after being set.
- Search warrants won't lead to NPC's arresting or ratting you out to the cops and will still allow you to go on a job.

In regards to arrest warrants, they will stay as is. An arrest warrant will still serve as a permanent search warrant for all owned properties the suspects are inside of until the warrant is either removed, or the warranted person dies or is arrested.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
- A FAR Better system, allowing for more fluid gameplay.
- People who forget to remove search warrants won't be an issue. There's been a day where I got detained and dragged to PD several times for a search warrant set on me the day before.
What potential negatives could this have for the department:
- Possible abuse of removing search warrants.
- Could be hard to implement.
Other additions:
Could work for vehicles too?​

Reaction score
Wonderful suggestion. I think this should be added as its annoying when you warrant a property yet the owner isn't even there nor involved in a shooting incident etc. And doesn't want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.