Server Suggestion Emergency use fuel cans for PLPD vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: adds 1 fuel can to all PLPD vehicles for use for EMERGENCY'S ONLY
[emergencies include running out of fuel in a chase or on the way to respond to a call]

Why should this be added? (pros): QOL as sometimes people forget to buy fuel can's before going on duty
Saves some officers who forget to fuel up but need to urgently pursue a suspect and then run out of fuel this is also pretty well balanced as only 1 fuel can would be allowed in the vehicle

What negatives could this have? (cons): None really this suggestion would be balanced by the fact there is only 1 fuel can allowed in the vehicle

*Other additions:

Reaction score
You can easily bypass 1 fuel can spawning in the vehicle by just grabbing the fuel can out of the trunk and spawning a new car.
I'm sure it can be tracked though, and only spawn if 0 exist. Similar to how the Remington 870 spawning works.

Reaction score
You can easily bypass 1 fuel can spawning in the vehicle by just grabbing the fuel can out of the trunk and spawning a new car.
I'm sure it can be tracked though, and only spawn if 0 exist. Similar to how the Remington 870 spawning works.
yeah that system could work its just up for the magic dev mans to code it

Reaction score
isn't it a bit weird for officers to just have fuel in their trunk?
Even though paralake isn't set in any country, it has drawn inspiration from various countries in the world to make up its own.
In the US, most officers carry medical equipment despite not being paramedics.
That's due to the gunfights officers in that country experience on, what I would call, a regular basis.

It wouldn't be such a stretch to see a medium-size jerry can tucked away into a corner of the trunk for emergency refueling purposes, to either clear a road due to a fuel-deprived vehicle, or their own runs out.

Calling a large-ass tow truck to move a car out of gas, to a gas station, would be fairly expensive IRL-wise. Then there's the logistics of closing down a lane of a road, managing the traffic flow and keeping the road clear for the tow truck to maneuver safely. This will cost you in manpower and paychecks for the half-hour the road is closed for. (That's if it blocks the road)

In perp, the expenses and challenges of moving such equipment is negligible, and would more or less be stupidly safe, cheap, and quick. The only expenses you see are due to fuel, and if damaged, respawn the vehicle.
Your biggest threat is the tow truck itself, which sometimes summons a black hole and call upon source engine coding to devour anybody unfortunate enough to stand close to the vehicle when it attaches to a car, and physics decides it's not having it. Though, our glorious blue-beamers are pretty quick to freeze that thing mid-air and bring people back from the dead in that scenario.
It's a little hard to call BS, open a report and claim "propkill" when the tow truck flattens you IRL.

The major downside to this suggestion is that it makes RC less useful in more scenarios. But I think this is already the case when officers bring fuel cans on-duty and refuel people's cars when they're stranded.

Reaction score
Even though paralake isn't set in any country, it has drawn inspiration from various countries in the world to make up its own.
In the US, most officers carry medical equipment despite not being paramedics.
That's due to the gunfights officers in that country experience on, what I would call, a regular basis.

It wouldn't be such a stretch to see a medium-size jerry can tucked away into a corner of the trunk for emergency refueling purposes, to either clear a road due to a fuel-deprived vehicle, or their own runs out.

Calling a large-ass tow truck to move a car out of gas, to a gas station, would be fairly expensive IRL-wise. Then there's the logistics of closing down a lane of a road, managing the traffic flow and keeping the road clear for the tow truck to maneuver safely. This will cost you in manpower and paychecks for the half-hour the road is closed for. (That's if it blocks the road)

In perp, the expenses and challenges of moving such equipment is negligible, and would more or less be stupidly safe, cheap, and quick. The only expenses you see are due to fuel, and if damaged, respawn the vehicle.
Your biggest threat is the tow truck itself, which sometimes summons a black hole and call upon source engine coding to devour anybody unfortunate enough to stand close to the vehicle when it attaches to a car, and physics decides it's not having it. Though, our glorious blue-beamers are pretty quick to freeze that thing mid-air and bring people back from the dead in that scenario.
It's a little hard to call BS, open a report and claim "propkill" when the tow truck flattens you IRL.

The major downside to this suggestion is that it makes RC less useful in more scenarios. But I think this is already the case when officers bring fuel cans on-duty and refuel people's cars when they're stranded.
the thing is this fuel can only be used in emergency scenario's such as Police chases were they run out etc and is just enough fuel to hopefully be able to reach a petrol station or finish a pursuit the balancing part is the fact that only one could be carried in the vehicle at one time and a system could be put in place to bypass people having more then one in the vehicle
also the fuel can's would not be permitted to be used on civilian car's unless the officer has enough fuel to get back to the PD. as it would be a emergency supply of fuel for the officer if they got into a urgent situation were they needed it
rc also take ages to respond to calls especially in pursuits in town were traffic is often disturbed by the chases

Reaction score
I'm not a fan. I carry about 5 fuel cans on me on duty, if you are prone to running out then maybe you should do the same. I feel like this is such a specific purpose it isn't worth the 10 minutes of coding. I don't think it is particularly realistic to have fuel cans in a police car either, given they are easily ignitable and fuel tends to expire after around 30 days where it shouldn't really be used. You can imagine the fuel would be sat in the back of that police car for quite a long time without use.

Reaction score
Has been suggested before but was archived for some reason. Don’t believe this is really needed, there are enough gas stations and you can just buy a few fuel cans if you’re always running out of fuel. Check your fuel status regulary!

maeen

Communication Banned
Reaction score
I'm not a fan. I carry about 5 fuel cans on me on duty, if you are prone to running out then maybe you should do the same. I feel like this is such a specific purpose it isn't worth the 10 minutes of coding. I don't think it is particularly realistic to have fuel cans in a police car either, given they are easily ignitable and fuel tends to expire after around 30 days where it shouldn't really be used. You can imagine the fuel would be sat in the back of that police car for quite a long time without use.
Having fuel in policr cars is not unrealistic, as actually a few police departments around the world actually has a can in the back of their car.

Fuel do not expire after 30 days, but rather at 6 months if stored at 20 degrees.

I like this kind of suggestion as you can have more time focussing on a chase if you are in one, not worrying where the nearest gas station is, however, you should keep the car above half a tank at all times in my eyes, just in case of a pursuit.

Reaction score
I dislike the idea, I feel like you have more than enough fuel in your tank, and if you run out it's your fault for not paying attention to your fuel gauge. If you want to carry fuel cans you should pay for them yourself.

Reaction score
It's not really hard to manage your fuel, when the tank is low just go to a gas station simple or spawn a new car it's not really hard

Reaction score
if pro police man doesn't have an problem with the fuel then we dont to add this

Sam

Reaction score

Police already get free fuel at fuel stations, so there is no real reason why you would let your car get so low on fuel. I always make sure I have at least 60% fuel at any time when I'm on duty. I would suggest you all do the same, and you won't run out of fuel :)

If we look at the realism part for a second. It sounds like a major safety hazard to have a fuel can in the back of your vehicle. Especially as it could be thrown around and break. If you for example were in a traffic accident and the fuel can break, there could be a higher risk of fire than if you just had fuel in the tank, seeing as a modern fuel tank will have higher safety standards than a little plastic fuel can.

Other than that, it's a good suggestion put won't be done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.