Employee Satisfaction Survey - 2024 Q2 Responses

Reaction score
ess24q2.png
Preface

This quarter's Employee Satisfaction Survey is now closed, a total of 40 responses were submitted and gave us a wide range of opinions and feedback. We would like to thank everyone who submitted a response for taking the time to do so, here are some of the feedback given to us and our thoughts about them.

Names may have been removed, but responses have not been edited in any other way. Spelling and grammar is exactly the same as how responses have been submitted.

Some additional commentary has been added by the Deputy Chief of Department to some responses. All pieces of feedback have been reviewed and made available to the command teams.

Rank
Forms response chart. Question title: What rank do you hold?. Number of responses: 40 responses.

How likely are you to recommend joining PLPD to a friend or new player?
Forms response chart. Question title: How likely are you to recommend joining PLPD to a friend or new player?. Number of responses: 40 responses.

• good amount of money, many nice people, easy to get to know the city without much danger of loosing something valuable
  • From what I have witnessed, the attitude towards new officers has been very good from the majority of the PLPD, especially the supervisors.
  • It can be very fun at times. Assuming other players and cops dont act completely crazy
  • I like patrolling with friends and teaching new players the importance of enforcing the law.
  • The PD force is almost always full again as well, therefore making it a lot harder for new officers tl get on duty.
  • for the new officers is going to be hard to understand the law
  • There’s definitely a learning curve, new players would definitely need some assistance learning the basics to not get blacklisted their first patrol
  • Divisions, such as TFU, rarely seem to open; when they do open, you need to already be committed i.e (1 week playtime, SO rank, etc).

In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work.
Forms response chart. Question title: In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work.. Number of responses: 40 responses.

• I have gotten a fair bit of recognition from supervisors while on duty for various things, which is very welcome.
  • primarily due to being TFU
  • Sgt/cpls siad a few things praising me in-game. And revived good ORs
  • I got recognition in my ORs; that's about it
  • There are a lot of Officers active at all times of the day, so it is understandable that attention can't be given out equally to everyone. However, there is a distinct lack of congratulations for achievements other than promotions, major drug busts or ORs.
  • got a few good jobs
  • There are time where I had been given praise from other colleagues but this doesn't happen often
  • because i kept my cool during a shoot out and listen to the higher ranks and do what ive been told
  • I just felt that people who are buddy buddy with supervisors are able to gain recognition compared to the average beat cop.

I have the materials such as guides, policies and procedures to do my job well.
Forms response chart. Question title: I have the materials such as guides, policies and procedures to do my job well.. Number of responses: 40 responses.

• Divisional suspension system should be implemented.
  • everything i need is in the handbook on each and every division
  • i feel like there's some stuff that need to be added to certain handbooks
  • Yes, in some cases, too much.
  • There are plenty of documents and sites to help with this, I like all the resources that we have.
  • its simple and you can understand what the guide is saying and has a wide range of different topics
  • I try to look for handbook every day or so so I dont forget anything.

Supervisors provide me with the support I need to complete my work.
Forms response chart. Question title: Supervisors provide me with the support I need to complete my work.. Number of responses: 38 responses.

• most the time they help me with whatever i need
  • I don't really see many of them supporting anything but through arrest warrants when on-duty.
  • Neutral, leaning towards +, I don't get into many situations where a Supervisor is needed so I'll just leave it at that
  • I would say an officer is on there own enless they request a supervisor or theres one on scene aswell.
  • Supervisors provide great assistance through ORs or, more directly, Supervisor Requests at crime scenes. While I do feel some are also very helpful through providing explanations and guidance to younger Officers, it is not consistently provided across the board.
  • I providee people with supervisor help
  • Some supervisors are moody and take the job too seriously for a game, others are really good at what they do
  • u can ask them things if u dont know what to do
  • Most of the time, supervisors are usually rude and indecisive when approaching situations where officers who are not so experts on the materials would usually need help.

Help is available from the PLPD when I have a problem.
Forms response chart. Question title: Help is available from the PLPD when I have a problem.. Number of responses: 39 responses.

• I can just message people.
  • Whenever i have a question and i send it in shoutbox or helpdesk or ask someone, i almost certainly get an answer
  • because there is always someone who can help in game and on Helpdesk
  • IA, SVs, HR.
  • Whenever there's a situation and additionals are required, there is always at least 1 Officer able to respond, unless another high-risk situation ongoing.
  • help is always there in plpd when i have a problem
  • its a 50/50 sometimes they respond and sometimes they dont cus they are busy with a shootout
  • Yup they respond to my ticket but it’s kinda takes a long time to respond

Are you proud to be a member of the PLPD?
Forms response chart. Question title: Are you proud to be a member of the PLPD?. Number of responses: 39 responses.

• I would not openly admit to it in a social situation.
  • fun + money
  • I sure am most of the time atleast.
  • It's a bit of a headache to get promoted, but I always wanted to be a cop in real life, and being a cop on Perp helps that passion
  • I just wish I could get a promotion (e.g. Observation Reports) sooner.
  • Yes and no, I love it especially as I main as a cop but I just feel it's way too serious sometimes. I come on to escape life for a few hours, not relive the boring and stressful red tape of life
  • I take pride everyday I work a beat in PLPD.
  • i protect the city the best that i can and have a firm hand not a iron fist
  • Yes! I love being in PLPD I wish to be a high rank and have fun!!

My opinions seem to count.
Forms response chart. Question title: My opinions seem to count.. Number of responses: 38 responses.

• despite asking numerous times, no real adjustment to undercover patrol vehicles have been made (4mph for the crown vic are a fucking joke)
  • most of the times ig
  • In game? Sometimes yes. However on matters regarding the plpd as a whole? No
  • I believe that whenever there is no TFOs on duty i have opinions but when there is TFU i have limited opinions when it comes to shootouts or pursuits
  • On some stuff? Sure, on the larger scale? No.
  • after l got SO yes
  • I don't know if they do from a management point of view however from incidents, everyones opinion matters

What’s the best thing that has happened to you in the PLPD these past 3 months?
  • Joining the IA division
  • meeting a great deal of new friends
  • gotten TFU honestly
  • becoming a hired gunman (TFO)
  • Rtu
  • My promotion to Corporal.
  • doing the RTU training stage 4
  • I became an IA investigator very happy about it!
  • Nothing that I can recall aside from being appreciated in ORs makes me happy to see that all the hard work I'm putting in doesn't go unnoticed.
  • Senior officer and taser and the abillity to apply for corpral
  • I got a new OR and was promoted to Dispatcher.
  • killed 3 mayor raiders 1 with pistol 2 with a stick
  • that l become SO and lm currently at stage 4 RTU, and stage 3 TFU
  • Getting RPU back and someone from higher ranks said my driving was one of the best
  • I got Cpl.
  • being in a police chase it was very fun and enjoyed it when we stopped the stolen car
  • tfu
  • participating in helping to kill bank robbers
  • I managed to take down a suspect in a raid.
  • Socialization - I have social anxiety, and me breaking out of that shell really helped me make new friends.
  • 1 tapping the last bank robber in the head to save everybody

Most days I receive feedback from my Supervisors and coworkers about my performance.
Forms response chart. Question title: Most days I receive feedback from my Supervisors and coworkers about my performance.. Number of responses: 39 responses.

• If necessery yes
  • Not all the time but on occasions yes
  • I receive more so called feedback from officers and senior officers than supervisors, but yeah i do receive feedback.
  • Depends on the situation.
  • yes, but he calls me curse words
  • I don't receive feedback often
  • A good 75% of the time he’ll yeah
  • no one says at the end of the day that u did a good job, ppl resign when there dead im most scenarios
  • Supervisors aren't patrolling with other officers, or sometimes not critiquing officers techniques.

If you had a magic wand, what's the one thing you would change about PLPD?

• patrol vehicles, the quality is just about mediocre
  • as in right now i dont see anything wrong with the plpd honestly
  • "Nothing I'd change but something I'd fix is notifications, I still don't get notis when:
  • I get ORs
  • I get IAs on me
  • Activity report comes in
  • Something is added to my record"
  • Give patrol officers a better way to deal with the crims. Its basicly black screen simulator. Its an completely unfair fight most of the time.
  • More guns for patrol officers
  • The cooldowns on applications.
  • Actual training for officers on procedures and aiming. Please. I've been shot in the back by pistol cops 3 times this week. Give these people some aiming lessons.
  • Less red tape and applications. This is a game and therefore should be left as a game. The application processes are tedious and IAs are taken way to seriously
  • have the option to put on sunglasses and more pistols to choose
  • Add more sergeants cuz most of them are inactive
  • Making the TFU process more streamlined; you could say that in order to join a division, you just have to attend a tryout and a brief training - instead of applying, and attempting to meet the rigid requirements.
  • Observation report system for progress.
  • harder applications or something like that too many new people fuck about as officer. Also for officers to not shoot your car while driving away from them when you committed a crime that doesn't harm anyone
Is there anything else on your mind which you'd like to tell us?
  • i want AS50 back
  • Just allow it to be a game and not too serious. We all just want a bit of fun at the end of the day
  • I feel qualified for TFU / RTU, but no the department is fine.
  • none at the moment
  • I think nothing at all, just like I said. People dont care about underaged or hight pitched voiced people.
  • Add supervisors and just try to make sure they are nice
  • harder applications or something like that too many new people fuck about as officer

Last edited:
How would you rate the Operational Services command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Operational Services command team?. Number of responses: 35 responses.

Total Score:276 Average:7.9

• Can't improve much there.
  • no need to improve i feel like they are perfect
  • I like em, they make stuff work.
  • I don't see them as much, only sometimes when I'm on duty
  • They supply everything an officer needs for there job whatever the rank
  • They good work
  • As previously stated, some are moody and abusive in talking to others. Some are really good at their jobs
  • The waiting time for the command team to see if i deserve a promotion or taser takes so long and inactive

How would you rate the Patrol command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Patrol command team?. Number of responses: 39 responses.

Total Score:309 Average:7.9

• I feel they could teach newer pistol officers/new players to do much better than they currently are.
  • good campaigns maybe could do with being a bit more active
  • Good staff that help PLPD on a daily.
  • should instruct patrol trainers to patrol with newer officers to ensure officers are getting trained and not just being left to be figure things out themselves
  • Great new campaign, still don't know what's supposed to happen going forward.
  • helpful whenever there are problems involving PSD
  • they do there job perfectly
  • I mean they are good but they can improve
How would you rate the Road Traffic Unit command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Road Traffic Unit command team?. Number of responses: 39 responses.

Total Score:286 Average:7.3

• Proactive team who seem to want to make a difference.
  • dont know much about RTU but still, good stuff
  • All i would want is some more enforcing of actual traffic and that they make some damn campaigns.
  • I love the traffic command team they are very helpful
  • I see RTU command a lot
  • think applications within rtu should be more practical base
  • Haven't had a lot of interaction after my practical test, but somehow I got in with my god-awful driving.
  • Very good command team, always willing to help and I do not see them being abusive towards others at all
  • They're pretty great.
  • they pull u over for a red light
How would you rate the Tactical Firearms Unit command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Tactical Firearms Unit command team?. Number of responses: 38 responses.

Total Score:313 Average:8.2

• TFU are allways toxic in game most of the time and think they are above everyone else even if they are the same rank.
  • Absolute fire division, they always do their job correctly.
  • New recruitment out and still maintains high standards, only time with getting suggested with what ive missed on a written/ what else to think about for nedt time applyin. Should again be more practical base to ensure our TFOs are paralakes best
  • Gj with the leaks, keep TFU hard
  • Every officer appears to be well trained, well disciplined, and have a vast amount of knowledge.
  • gives up and helping hand to take down threats
  • They are active nice and do there work!
  • some TFU not all but some of them are power hungry and think everyone else is below them

How would you rate the Dispatch command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Dispatch command team?. Number of responses: 37 responses.

Total Score:235 Average:6.4

• Having such a tight limit on dispatch assessors is not how I would like to manage things if I were head of it, however I dont really look into it too much and maybe the small numbers are working. Been letting command / SD's know of shitty dispatchers to remove and they've been acting on it.
  • I see head of Dispatch online as a TFU very cool guy
  • Need to observe some dispatchers, not all can do there jobs to a full potential leaving patrol to pick up slack and get messed around. However very good with some of them
  • Joining Dispatch has been by far the most interactive and fun experiences I've had in my time with the PLPD, and I won money on the last campaign.
  • personally there is good dispatchers and no, it depends
  • we have dispatch?
  • Very professional in what they do, and quite close to real-wold communications. Always polite and courteous

How would you rate the Professional Standards command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Professional Standards command team?. Number of responses: 35 responses.

Total Score:290 Average:8.3

• They are almost as good as the IA command team
  • Good proactive team.
  • Penalize gou for the smallest things
  • Pretty good command team no improvements needed
  • They do great work ensuring all officers are held to a high standard.
  • Internal Affairs and Policies seem fine as far as I know.
  • 10/10 best of the best, fat man will always be fat and theres no way to change it
  • I don't have an opinion, rarely interact with PSD
  • Good Team, Good Command
  • Hold the golden standard.

How would you rate the Internal Affairs command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Internal Affairs command team?. Number of responses: 34 responses.

Total Score:278 Average:8.2

• They are the best in the whole PD
  • Some complaints that are being assigned occasionally are dumb and not worth investigating, However I would imagine filtering complaints en masse is a task thats bound to have a few slip ups.
  • Response speed to complaints could be faster!
  • I feel like some investigations arent investigated enough
  • IA's need to be sorted quicker though. Either this being more IA investigators or current ones doing more. When bogus IA'S are made you have investigators still investigating taking time away from where its actually needed
  • always doing there job
  • Cooperation with PSD is great, complaints handeled properly and fast
  • As previously, rarely interact with IA. I can say they are very quick in responding

How would you rate the Office of the Chiefs of Department command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Office of the Chiefs of Department command team?. Number of responses: 34 responses.

Total Score:274 Average:8.1

• Been hearing from them alot less in recent times.
  • Dont see / hear from them much but when i do they are generally really polite and friendly to everyone..
  • Very helpful on helpdesks maybe be more active though
  • Chiefs are great to have in all situations, as their experience helps navigate through crisis scenarios easily (e.g. 10-71, PD Raids) and most often are the ones to organize Officers on-duty.
  • not me so not that good
  • A good bunch of people
  • Activity has seemed to die down with them.
  • Great Chiefs!
How would you rate the Human Resources command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Human Resources command team?. Number of responses: 33 responses.

Total Score:258 Average:7.8

• Mallard sends me reddit memes this is a problem.
  • You're doing great Mallard, keep doing this i love it.
  • Very helpful and friendly
  • Good work
  • I have a personal vendetta against the very existence of all HR offices in the universe . I will not elaborate further.
  • never seen them
  • ducks
  • Very helpful, quick to respond.
  • Haven’t seen their work much

How would you rate the Development Services command team?
Forms response chart. Question title: How would you rate the Development Services command team. Number of responses: 34 responses.

Total Score:272 Average:8.0

• Great job on improvenents on the plpd.online website
  • PLPD v2 is great
  • Development seems relatively proactive.
  • They make plpd online really confusing with forcing the web to diaplay the U.S. time&date format. Makes it really really fucking confusing. I imagine not just for me. Since the U.S. format is not normal for the majority of the world
  • I don't even know what that is, nah but nothing to improve i guess.
  • Gonna be honest not the greatest team the members arent active much
  • good plpd 2 except what is the point of having employees side bit be a roll down thing when there is only one option
  • Doing good!! ❤️

Back