Fire Extinguisher Access for Police

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Thread: https://perpheads.com/threads/police-cars-fire-extinguisher-in-trunk.20278/

Main Idea: Free Fire Extinguisher Access for Police Officers

Description: I see this going one of three ways, either:
  • A) Allow the fire extinguisher to be selected from the NPC. This is the fastest and easiest approach which would require no addtional tweaks.
  • B) Spawn a Fire Extinguisher in the boot of every Police Vehicle. This method would need some more tweaks as it can lead to issues where a lower ranked Police Officer can access a Corporal's Remington Shotgun. @Col. Collier
  • C) Spawn with one in your inventory like battering ram etc.
Why: Myself (and other dedicated police role-players) end up spending thousands on Fire Extinguishers from Safety First, really we should already have access to this from the Police Department.

Pros and Cons:
  • [+] Police can deal with minor fires without having to use their own money.
  • [-] Decreased use of FireFighters as some officers may not call for a FireFighter to check for further fire hazard.
8c946c70c3.jpg

@Hayden

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
As I've already mentioned before, I like the idea. In my opinion, option A is the way to go, as method B might cause some complications. For those who don't like the idea of carrying the fire extinguishers around with them, they can store the extinguisher in their trunk (provided they're Corporal+).

All in all I do agree with the concept of this idea, as spending money on fire extinguishers really is a pain as an LEO.

Reaction score
It's a good idea for fires when no firefighter is on duty, but i think as the firefighters don't have to do alot already since fires don't happen too much, the firefighters will have to do even more less then... :c

Reaction score
@Garret_Pp (this was posted in the discussion thread)
How would we get around the problem if somebody was patrolling with me and was a SO perhaps but needed a fire extinguisher and instead got my shotgun.

Tyla and I already discussed this on the other thread, where I made the same arguments regarding the issue. That's the reason why I suggested the fact, that the fire extinguisher could be retrieved from the road equipment & bandage NPC to avoid previously mentioned issues.

Reaction score
I really like the idea as I have lost so much money from buying fire extinguishers. It is getting really annoying and I am glad someone actually realizes how much money we have to waste!

Reaction score
Just yesterday, there was a fire at farm, where @Jordan had to buy a million fire extinguishers and the entire police force was just standing around a fire for about 20 minutes straight, while Jordan was driving back and forth to buy fire extinguishers. This really needs to be implemented soon.

Reaction score
I know its a late reaction. But I hope they are gonna add this idea soon. Fire Fighters are rarely in service [10-8].
This means that fires can spread really fast. Right now every officer has to buy his own fire extinguisher.
Witch is verry on realistic EVERY police cars is equiped with one.
So if you are gonna add this. Mods do not need to extinguise fires any more. And props won't burn that mutch any more.
+SUPPORT

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree. When there's a fire in Bazzar and people start screaming over the radio "WE NEED FOCKIN FIREFIGHTERS HERE OMG ARE YOU FUCKINIG AUTISTIC!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!" and the firefighter doesn't know where the intersection is or is busy crashing into the cars of rich people. Giving the cops a fire extinguisher is a very good idea cuz people like Tyla won't have to spend 2k in a fire extinguisher every 15 minutes (Likie he doesn't have enough money anyways lol am I right?). +support

Reaction score
I like of the idea of the fire extinguisher being in the trunk of the police vehicles. My only issue is that police would be blazing through traffic and responding with fire fighters to fight the fire with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.