Fire marshals and investigation

• Thread starter Deleted member 6228
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 6228

Description of the idea: Give firefighters access to a new 'fire investigation kit' that allows them to research how a fire started, it's point of origin and get maybe some form of evidence that could lead to someone? Maybe just strands of cloth that could point towards clothing? Could be talked about below how that could work. IRL fire investigations are pretty insane, they can tell a lot about how it started by looking at the fire etc, would be a nice bit of RP for firefighter to do after putting out the fire instead of going off duty.

Why should this be added? (pros):
More for firefighters to do
Realistic

What negatives could this have? (cons):
Could be unbalenced

Mim

Reaction score
Very cool, how would a firefighter use this then, like where would he interact?

Deleted member 6228

@Mimball If he interacts with a black mark, it may say, 'Fire, not start location' or something like that, maybe giving him hints until he finds the location where it started where it will give him some information IE
'Fire started by gasoline ignition, broken glass, strand of fiber from purple suit' devs can decide exactly tho

Reaction score
I'd rather something like meth fumes last for longer and molotov glass stays for 10 minutes tbh, Do you want it to be like a DNA Tool you wave into fire? How would you use that without literally burning to death?

I like the idea but theirs other ways this could be implemented.

Deleted member 6228

The black marks left on the ground

Reaction score
The trouble with that is at times they might not be visible to all players.

Reaction score
This will really bring the firefighter job up to a new level and assist PLPD in the enforcement of 11.7 and various drug offences! I suppose some form of particles could be added for the DNA tool to work on? I'm not 100% what would be possible in that regard but I'm sure we could come up with something.

Reaction score
You’ve got to think from the perspective as those other government jobs, many of the times a new player is on the job or a player who is just looking to put out his own fires or friends fires which happens a lot.

I don’t feel this will encourage more people to play firefighter due to the fact it’s already not played as much and hasn’t had a wow factor to it, even with this tool it’s only a small addition that will be used for a bit until people forget about it.

I like the idea and concept but I’m thinking from my own perspective playing firefighter and seeing them.

Sam

Reaction score
There are plans that will make changes to both the firefighter job as well as the medic job. But this don't seem like something worth putting time into, this would require a lot of development and would not be used that often. We barely have anyone playing regularly as firefighter, and this would die pretty quickly.

Also you should have TWO poll options, not 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.