fire rate of ALL weapons.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3131
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3131

Description of the idea: Make the firerate of all weapons realistic. in short, one trigger pull (one mouse click) one shot gets fired OR ALMOST. Perp already has a very balanced aim spread system, so shooting quickly which is somewhat possible is still not beneficial at all. the issue i find is that it feels extremely clunky and artificious when you click once, and you shoot then you lclick rapidly after and nothing happens and the third click actually shoots again, in real life one pull, one shot, nothing more nothing less, the only difference would be with shotguns or bolt action weapons or single action revolvers, where another action is necessary, but for all semi automatic weapons, simply, reduce heavily this delay, in certain weapons it is really noticeable while others are more than acceptable.
There would be no real need to increase aim spread as it is really high and balanced as i said, and the faster you fire the worse the aim gets, this will automatically induce players to think and shoot slowly, but at the same time will not force any unrealistic or weird feel onto the player.

EDIT:
as i came to understand and realist, indeed a one click one shot would be too "OP" and could be abused (i.e setting your shooting button to mouse wheel up or down, the suggestion mainly came seeing certain weapons compared to others, some work really well, others are extremely mechanical, therefore the conclusion is to modify the fire rate of many weapons and making it similar to others, for example the P99 which seems to have a good compromise.
in conclusion, the idea now proposes to increase fire rate but without exceeding, keeping a small delay, but reducing this overall, for example as i said, the P99 fire rate works really well and could be brought over to many other weapons.
The recoil and aim spread are already present and enough to force players into not shooting or spamming their gun.

Why should this be added? (pros): Realism, gameplay feel, weapon handling.

What negatives could this have? (cons): none, fire rate of automatic weapons should not be increased whereas single fire semi automatic weapons should be set to one pull one shot, not depending ont he speed.

*Other additions:

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 3131

thank you mister lewis, i searched for u all day, u had a warrant but was hiding in your godly noclip i bet!

Reaction score
The thing is, the game has to stay balanced. Comparing gun physics from a game to real life is really stupid and not relevant at all. If you can fire a pistol super fast, why use a rifle? If I can shoot my HK45 just as fast as my AK-47, I'd pick the lower ammo capacity anyday.

I see what you mean, but no.

Deleted member 3131

why cant i simply shoot fast? aimspread increases the faster you shoot so its not like it benefits me anyways, its just weird clunky and mechanical. and if you want to compare it to any other game and not real life, then fire rate in all single fire weapons depends ALWAYS on ones ability to pull the trigger, what can get modified is automatic weapons.
also i dont get why you would prefer always the lowe ammo capacity? shooting fast means shooting less accurately, not to talk about the caliber of the weapon which makes a HUGE difference.
i'd pick any day an assault rifle, with 30 rounds in the mag, if i use auto i can control better the aimspread and recoil as i can counter and learn better the pattern, whereas if i use singlefire fast, every time it will be a different experience albeit a small difference.

Reaction score
I'd prefer the lower capacity because the gun does not cost 22k to buy and I can probably learn to control the recoil and spread, it is a game after all, most recoil and spread is not random.
Having guns with fast firerates depending on how fast you click is extremely overpowered and the exact reason why most FPS games don't have this.

Reaction score
I just did a test, I managed to click 309 times with RMB pressed in 1 minute. This means I have a rate of fire of 309. Considering average reload times, this means I can shoot around 150 bullets in a minute. WITH A PISTOL.

Reaction score
Exactly! I wouldn't call myself a pro but when I shot small caliber pistols it was hard to press it back 2 back fast, imagine larger calibers.

Reaction score
In real life, with certain guns, if you were spamming the trigger the same way you were spamming the mouse, you wouldn’t be letting the mechanism reset.

Unneeded, no thank you, most weapons are fine on semi as is, maybe individual weapons could benefit from changes but thats a whole different suggestion.

EDIT: worth noting that I’ve played a server which had a semi auto gun which essentially had an unlimited fire rate on semi, I bound attack to mouse wheel down and had a machine pistol. Do not want here.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3131

you forgot about recoil... i shoot "professionally" irl, bench rest 300mt and pistols for fun, as i tried to make clear in the suggestion: 1) Shooting really fast is possible but you wont hit SHIT, i tried... you do want to go back on the target wait a second and shoot again, pump action/ bolt action of course would not be affected, and weapons with a high recoil would not allow you to turn an as50 into a machine gun, because the first shot would offset you from the target by quite a lot, forcing you to go back on the target and so on.

What i'm trying to change is how i feel clunky and mechanical this forced delay which with the current recoil, or even an increased one, could change very little.

Deleted member 3131

that sounds overpowered WOW! i definitely did not think about the mousewheel thing, thank you for the constructive criticism.
And to be clear my suggestion came to mind because of how certain weapons felt. Certain handguns or rifles have a very realistic firerate where you can still shoot quickly but cannot bind mousewheel up or down to turn them into a machine gun. What i was trying to achieve was a better general feel of all weapons, understandably the 1 click 1 trigger pull sounds too OP and wrong.

Reaction score
This is next to impossible, we are talking about GMOD here, not real life. We just recently changed the tick rate to make more weapons compatible on the server. Yes, it did change the fire rate of all guns.

Deleted member 3131

of automatic weapons, tick rate mostly impacts you when on full auto. An example is EFT which is bound to one's FPS for example, the better FPS you have the more bullets you can shoot.
as i wrote earlier, i understand a one click one shot would be too "OP" and could be abused, and that the problem mostly relies on certain weapons not all of them. For example, the P99 has an acceptable fire rate, other weapons dont, where this delay is really noticeable

Reaction score
before tickrate was changed, Famas wasnt good, now that its changed, its better.

Status
Not open for further replies.