Weapon fire mode

Reaction score
Topic: Change weapon's default fire mode

Short explanation (in notes):
-If you take out a rifle, make it on automatic mode by default instead of semi-automatic

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
We all know how annoying it is when you take out a gun and you realise you shoot once per click. By changing this it would prevent many people's deaths since they can shoot normally on fully automatic mode.

Optional additions:
Don't know anything more really. Pretty self explanatory

@StephenPuffs

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but a safety switch on a gun goes from Safety to Semi to Auto (depending on what gun it is of course).
I'm not sure if that's how it works but that's probably why it's implemented like that.

Reaction score
This is really a thing you should check yourself before going out into battle, really this is unnecessary and automating everything is just going to remove a ton of potential roleplay.

-Support

Reaction score
By changing this it would prevent many people's deaths since they can shoot normally on fully automatic mode.

Could you explain this to me ? How does it "prevent many people's death" by having it in automatic mode instead of semi-auto ? Does the bullets magically do no damage on automatic mode or ?

Reaction score
Okay so let's walk through guns in real life, let's start off with for example the M4 Carbine which is first of all a lighter and smaller version of the m16 (for all the m16 fanboys @Me @MrAaron) so let's look at this picutre;
10ed4ec145.jpg
here we can see the "switcher" now when you switch fire mode it's basically braking your fingers speed so you don't accidently switch to either SAFE or AUTO from SEMI, now if you wish to change firemode from semi automatic you need to make a slightly awkward movement with your hand which we can see in this video
even though this is a video game it's a sort of simulation how it works with guns, now I might be wrong but I was on the showcase of weapons used in US and Sweden where I tried to switch firemode very quickly to automatic but it did not work as I had to make a pause of almost one second to make the movement