fire rate of ALL weapons.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3131
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3131

Description of the idea: Make the firerate of all weapons realistic. in short, one trigger pull (one mouse click) one shot gets fired OR ALMOST. Perp already has a very balanced aim spread system, so shooting quickly which is somewhat possible is still not beneficial at all. the issue i find is that it feels extremely clunky and artificious when you click once, and you shoot then you lclick rapidly after and nothing happens and the third click actually shoots again, in real life one pull, one shot, nothing more nothing less, the only difference would be with shotguns or bolt action weapons or single action revolvers, where another action is necessary, but for all semi automatic weapons, simply, reduce heavily this delay, in certain weapons it is really noticeable while others are more than acceptable.
There would be no real need to increase aim spread as it is really high and balanced as i said, and the faster you fire the worse the aim gets, this will automatically induce players to think and shoot slowly, but at the same time will not force any unrealistic or weird feel onto the player.

EDIT:
as i came to understand and realist, indeed a one click one shot would be too "OP" and could be abused (i.e setting your shooting button to mouse wheel up or down, the suggestion mainly came seeing certain weapons compared to others, some work really well, others are extremely mechanical, therefore the conclusion is to modify the fire rate of many weapons and making it similar to others, for example the P99 which seems to have a good compromise.
in conclusion, the idea now proposes to increase fire rate but without exceeding, keeping a small delay, but reducing this overall, for example as i said, the P99 fire rate works really well and could be brought over to many other weapons.
The recoil and aim spread are already present and enough to force players into not shooting or spamming their gun.

Why should this be added? (pros): Realism, gameplay feel, weapon handling.

What negatives could this have? (cons): none, fire rate of automatic weapons should not be increased whereas single fire semi automatic weapons should be set to one pull one shot, not depending ont he speed.

*Other additions:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
a weapon to surpass the MG42
XMQa9V8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.